installing livewells?

sasquatchfound

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1972 openbow silverline tri-hull, the open bow has a deck with a pedistal and i want to put 2 livewells in the floor of the deck. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks, Shane

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: installing livewells?

Sure. Buy the appropriate size and style live well liner. Install a livewell pump at the stern. Plumb the livewell fill, drain, and overflow lines and go fishing. If that doesn't help you, go to a boat dealer and look at how live wells are iinstalled and plumbed. There are as many different techniques as there are boats.

sasquatchfound

Seaman Apprentice

Could you explain "livewell liner"? yes i not knowledgable on this. lol

Thanks, Shane

mAlton

Cadet

The "livewell liner" is the actual plastic box that IS the livewell. These come in many shapes and sizes to accommodate any boat style. You can look at a boat dealer to purchase one, or you could look at Bass Pro websites / magazines, or possibly even on E-Bay for a liner.

You will also want to purchase or fabricate a lid for the liner, purchase a pump to fill the liner and circulate the water to keep the fish alive, wiring for the pump, and you don't need a timer, but it is handy to have.

Good luck

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

A livewell timer cycles the aerator or fill pump to periodically freshen the water. It eliminates the need for you to manually turn the pump on and off. There are adjustable units or fixed time (such as 3 minutes off/30 seconds on).

cedarjunki

Chief Petty Officer

Could you explain "livewell liner"? yes i not knowledgable on this. lol

Thanks, Shane

if this is true, then bring it somewhere with a fistfull of cash and say i want 2 livewells to be placed here.

just kidding, although would be alot easier! do a search here in the forums and you will be suprised how much info you will find on the subject.