Installing disc brakes

Ol_Man

Recruit
Hi all, I am looking for a bit of advice on my install. The trailer is a shoreland'r that was not equiped with brakes (model DUV22l) and after 3 years I have decided to install a Tie Down surge stainless Disc brake system. The old hubs had bearing buddy style caps and so thinking they were all created the same ordered the BB seals to replace the triple lipped Tie down seals on the new hubs. Today when I removed the old hubs I noticed first that the stainless wear surface on the shoreland'r is on with red locktite and no O-ring the new BB wear collar has an O-ring with it. The second differance I noted was the width of the wear collar older s-land'r is 1/2" verses the BB which is 5/16" , the wear mark on the original was about 1/4" from the shoulder. Until I install the new hub I am not sure of the location of the new lip on the seal. Has anyone run across this before and if so what were the results. Should I just install with locktite and O-ring or just locktite or just O-Ring. The last way ahead I see is to get the shoreland'r seal kit and redo the seals. Any thoughts?