Installing bimini snaps....HELP!

James Bond

Seaman
Here's what I need to do.........<br /><br />I need to install the "male" half of the snaps for the bimini top along the top edge of the windsheild and across the top of the wing. They were never installed since the boat was new. I'm just trying to find out if I need to use the same type of snap fastener for both area's or if there is something else I should use. Here's a picture of the top of the boat, so you can see where they need to be installed if that helps any. And please suggest the best fastener to order, so I don't screw it up! Thanks!<br />
36752285-87d0-028001E0-.jpg

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Installing bimini snaps....HELP!

Looks like your windshield is like most and will accept "windshield clips". These are the male snaps on a piece of springy metal that snaps between the rubber on the underside of the top rail of your windshield and the groove that I think I see running just below the top of your windshield. The "windshield clips" are available right here on iBoats, see the below link:<br /><br />Canvas Fasteners<br /><br />Don't know about the wing, but you may have to use the screw-in male "studs" for that. Good luck.

James Bond

Seaman

I think I know the clips you are talking about, but the way I read it (I could be wrong though) is that the clips would put the fastener on the opposite edge of where the winsheild is mounted. I need them mounted to the serface that is directly facing the camera, the surface that is parallel to the windsheild.

Richok

Petty Officer 3rd Class

James I think the clips pchonda is talking about will work. That the set up I have on my boat and they are facing the bow, along the top edge. You might also check with Gipson's Trim in OKC. I just sewed up my Bimini and thats where I got my supplies. Phone 235-2361

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, the "windshield clips" go on the outside of the windshield...look at them on the link from the previous post above, then look at the outside top frame of your windshield to get a better idea. Measure your windshield to be sure to get the right size clips either here on iBoats or through a local OK supplier. The local supplier can probably show you how and where they go on if you're still not clear on it. Good luck.