Inlets ? at carbs top cover

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello again,<br /><br />on this 90HP 1991 OMC I have these 2 inlets,<br />the one "hole" on port,<br /><br />
inlet1.jpg
<br /><br /> the 2 hole on starboard.<br />
inlets2.jpg
<br /><br />The pictures from the seloc manual and the unused threaded holes indicates that something was removed here ? Are their "air" filters missing ? Do I have to find replacements ore can I run the engine this way ?<br /><br />Thanks again, you are helping me much.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Inlets ? at carbs top cover

It's missing the inlet exstension, I don't see where it would hurt anything. It would just look better if it was back on. I would think someone should have noticed quite a large part left over.

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks R.Johnson,<br /><br />so there are no filters or so in those extension, preventing dirt from entering the carbs ? Something like the air filter in a car engine ?

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

No! it is a full open exstension, no filter.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> if your running conditions are that dusty you need to check your GPS and depth finder :) <br /> no airfilters.<br /> good luck and keep posting :)

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Strange, now that you mention it, everytime it gets so dusty my GPS says Sierra Nevada or my depth gauge is negative :confused: <br /><br /><br />Thanks again. I'll see if I can get those extension at a used engine dealer, just for the looks.<br /><br />My questions is answered guys, thanks again<br />(Not that I don't have others :rolleyes: <br />still to come)