info on a scott atwater

mr roach

Seaman
i have a scott atwater 7.5 outboard serial # 33351924 if i understand correctly this is a 1953 7.5 twin cylinder outboard and i believe it to be a gold penant model which seems to be rare i am wanting to know if this is correct. Also i cannot find out what the last four numbers of the serial # indicate. Lastly the motor runs but could use some repairs and freshening up is it worth the effort or is it to old and costly to get into and i should just sell it or part it out. all replies are appreciated

twocyclemania

Chief Petty Officer
Re: info on a scott atwater

It s a 53 and the Gold Pennant models are pretty good motors. Later Scott Atwaters were the bail-a-matics which looked more streamlined but do have some problems. I have one like yours and it's a good runner. There is a site on-line that deciphers the serial numbers and if you do a search you should be able to find it. If it runs you could have a nice motor. As for repairs and freshening I would need more information as to what it may need though running is more than half the battle. Parts or whole it's not worth a lot. The last one I picked up (it was badged a Firestone) a year ago at a car parts flea mart. It came with a nice stand with wheels and I paid 30 for both. If you want or need a motor hold onto it. You won't get rich selling it.