Info and value?? 1989 Skeeter SF 175 DF

:confused:I Just aquired a 89 skeeter SF 175 DF with a 175 hp Johnson outboard. This is my first boat. I know relatively little about this model and bass boats in general. During the test drive the boat ran and accellerated very well. The speedo said 64 mph which was faster than i expected. The boat had been sittin outside but covered and has some cracks in the gel coat and bad batteries and a sub par trolling motor. But decking carpet hull and seats look great. I gave around 3500 for it. Did i do well on the price? What is the actual value? And what reliability issues and general maintenance are involved with this type of outboard?? Any help would be greatly appreciated

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Info and value?? 1989 Skeeter SF 175 DF

Price sounds fair to me with that big motor. The biggest concern with an older fiberglass hull is rot in the wooden components (deck, stringers, transom). If your deck is solid and your transom sound, I think you did well.

Welcome to iboats!

rsheffield

Recruit

thats about the price range that I ran across when I was looking for mine, luckily I talked my uncle into selling me his 86' starfire 175 with a rebuilt Johnson gt 150 bored 30 over,completely reworked transom, garage kept , in mint condition for 1500.00. what a steal. and only had to buy new batteries.

MBender

Recruit

I just paid $3000 for mine; I have the exact same make and model boat. Had to put a few bucks in it, but that's about right.

Any idea of what size fuel tank it has? I have no idea.