Inflatable Noob

OrdieJS

Recruit
I have an 85 RIS Maestral 11'. Underneath the the dry storage flap on the bow, on the port and stbd sides, are rubber pieces that look like they hold about a 3/4" dowel rod. Would this just be a support measure to keep the water out that comes over the bow?

I would add pics but the system doesn't like them. I wanted to ask about the threaded valve seat that attaches to the tube that I ripped out.

Thanks in advance for the info

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Inflatable Noob

A photo is better than 1,000 words. And the system is friendly, there's something you are doing way wrong...

Happy Boating

Drowned Rat

Captain

You have to paste the IMG code of the pic into your post and it'll work. You need to save your pic to an online site first like Photobucket.

But, yes it sounds like some form of bow skirt you have on your boat and yes, it's to keep excessive amounts of water from boarding.

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You have to paste the IMG code of the pic into your post and it'll work. You need to save your pic to an online site first like Photobucket.
Or go to either the advanced tab (Lower right) or quote someone, then you will see "Manage Attachments" where you can upload the correct sized photo. Anything around 800x600 is guaranteed to work. Goto "Add Photos" then use "basic uploader".

Then you can copy the image location and paste under the add image icon, if you want it to come out full size like below. Otherwise it will just be an attachment.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bridle.jpg
    Bridle.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0