Indmar MCX 350 Engine Timing

I just finished building an MCX for a Master Craft, I was told by a Master Craft mechanic that the timing needed to be set by cam angle (705 +/- 5). I plugged my laptop in yesterday for intial fire up and set timing, I have Diacom (which is what he said they used) 2.5 (newest version) and the only lines I see for timing are spark advance (11.5) and cam/timing retard which only goes from 41.5 to 49 as I turn the distributor. I checked to make sure cam angle just wasn't turned off and not displaying with no luck. In order to set timing by cam angle it would need to display the cam sensor data I'm assuming, any help would be appreciated! On test drive engine runs smooth and pulls well, I ran engine at 41.5 retard and 11.5 spark advance but feel I'm off a little...out of 10 or so start ups the engine chugged once due to timing.....thanks again!

Re: Indmar MCX 350 Engine Timing

Just got off the phone with Indmar tech support apparently the tech I spoke with was thinking of an earlier style engine. This engine is set at 12 degrees plus/minus half at 1800 RPM's problem solved!