Including pics in posts

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but, could someone explain how you add a picture within a post. I've scanned some pictures and pages out of my manual and saved them on my computer and would like to include them in a question I would like to post.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Including pics in posts

To Dockside Chat

ndemge

Commander

Here is the way I've started doing it,<br /><br />Imageshack<br /><br /> http://imageshack.us/index3.php <br /><br />...you have your image saved on your comoputer, using the link above, you upload your image, it will give you the [img tag already to copy and paste to a this forum.<br /><br />You don't log in, you don't have to do anything with your picture, they keep it up for as long as it's being viewed, after 1 year of not being viewed, they delete it.<br /><br />I've started using them, because it's faster than uploading a picture to my webserver, and then I don't have to go back and delete it once its not needed.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You cannot add photos directly to the forum.<br />YOu must first upload the image to a free image server like photobucket.com or imagestation.com <br /><br />After you have it uploaded and stored on the server, click on the photo to open it.<br />Copy the properties, then come here, click the image button, paste the properties.

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class

<br /><br />Just trying it out. Thanks for the info.

ndemge

Commander

good job aggie<br /><br />imageshack is my new favorite place :)

MarkAB

Seaman Apprentice

PICT74.jpg
<br /><br />Just testing

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

testhttp://img75.exs.cx/img75/7909/g002.jpg