inboard VS I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashback

Captain
There is so much to go wrong with an I/O, I am beginning to wonder why they ever were invented? It seems an inboard is much more logical and practical in the long run,

al murch

Cadet
Re: inboard VS I/O

It would seem there's no contest. Inboards are simple and a whole lot less moving parts. To me it's a no brainer. The only advantage I see in an I.O.is you might be able to go in less water. And a different trailer. I'll pick a inboard anytime

f_inscreenname

Commander

First there is space. Most inboards are mid eng design. Second is trim. The only way to trim on a inboard is trim tabs (drag). Third I would beach a I/O not a I. Could hurt the prop. Then there is trannys,v-drive,and stuffing box. Parts that are almost impossible to find. Not that I am nocking Innys. They drive like Caddys and seem to be more stable but.. If you are not buying new (a boat that someone else has not beat on)then you will end up working on it at on time or another and I/O's are popular and so are there parts.

SB

Seaman Apprentice

With that logic wouldn't an outboard be even better than an inboard or I/O?<br /><br />Scott

f_inscreenname

Commander

Sure if you got the bank (anything outboard is not cheep) and if your boat is set up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.