Impeller replacement on 9.5 Johnson

Timbertim

Seaman Apprentice
I am wondering if I have to take the whole outer shell of the motor off to get to the impeller to replace it. The motor pumps water good, but I have noticed that there is water seeping out from the upper unit, inside the shell.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Impeller replacement on 9.5 Johnson

no pull the 4 bolts that connect it to the mid section when it drops down about 3/4" you can disconnect the shift linkage

rwcreigh1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if it is leaking from the uper unit(power head)it probably is from somthing else like a gasket(head or exaust manifold)i will let the experts chime in.good luck ...ps i would replace the waterpump anways.

Timbertim

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the help. I was sweating for awhile about disassembling the whole thing. I don't see any water around the exhaust or the head gasket, so maybe it is in the impeller unit.

flightdeck

Recruit

Originally posted by laddiesservice:<br /> no pull the 4 bolts that connect it to the mid section when it drops down about 3/4" you can disconnect the shift linkage

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

make sure that its not the rubber water discharge hose from the head thats not leaking they do come lost and even split.