Impeller on the transom

lemomo

Cadet
HI Guys,<br /><br />In the back of my Seray Seville, they are two sender one which I know is the Speedometer the other one I don't know what it is. It look like a small impeller. Is this for the detph or fish finder, I am trying to see the relation of the impeller with a depht finder.<br /><br />Also when I bought the boat (USED) the dealer told me to always keep it under 3500 RPM, the engine is a 130HP 3.0 l ALPHA 1. ANy Idea?<br /><br />I really appreciate your help and learned a lot from you guys <br /><br />Thanks

D

DJ

Re: Impeller on the transom

Lemomo,<br /><br />That second "paddlewheel" is indeed a pick up for a speed sensing device.<br /><br />I have no idea why the dealer would want to limit you to 3500 rpm. Ask them why?

lemomo

Cadet
Re: Impeller on the transom

The dealer said it is not to force the engine, slower is better.<br /><br />Since I was a novice when I bought the boat and this is my first boat.<br /><br />So far I can say the engine runs smoothly I have no complaint, I look for leak and could not find any.<br />I purchased from Islander Boat on Long Island, I think they are a reputable company.