Impellar placement

ArneA

Seaman
1956 AD-10M. Replacing the impeller and now that I have it out and have ordered a new one, I cant remember which way the impeller fins are bent when placing it in the housing....Does anyone know of a video that would show which way the rubber fins are bent or can they be bent in either direction.
Thank you.

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Impellar placement

the impeller vanes trail the rotation of the motor.....but they will orient themselves correctly the first time you pull the cord.

Grub54891

Admiral

Pull the rewind, does it turn clockwise? Then turn the driveshaft the same direction when slippin the pump housing on. The vanes will set themselves in the right direction.
Grub

ArneA

Seaman

Thank you, I have two good responses but still am a little confused. First response said that they "trail" the rotation...Not sure what "trail" means. Second response says they will set themselves.. My confusion here is that I have to bend them to put them in the housing...Do I understand correctly that even if I bend them one way in the housing and screw it all together, that if the way I bent them is not the right direction, that they will bend to the correct direction. ? 7.5hp 1956 AD10-M

nwcove

Admiral

yep.....you can bend three in one direction, and three in another, as soon as you pull the motor over , they will all orient themselves correctly.

ArneA

Seaman

Thank you so much....I really appreciate the help that you folks give.