I'm turning 50 this year, some grooming tips...

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Many of us (those over 40, WAY over 40, or hovering near 40) are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We're unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current fashions. Despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:<br /><br />1. A nose ring and bifocals<br /><br />2. Spiked hair and bald spots<br /><br />3. A pierced tongue and dentures<br /><br />4. Miniskirts and support hose<br /><br />5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads<br /><br />6. Speedo's and cellulite<br /><br />7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar<br /><br />8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor<br /><br />9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge<br /><br />10. Bikinis and liver spots<br /><br />11. Short shorts and varicose veins<br /><br />12. Inline skates and a walker<br /><br />And last, but not least . . . my personal favorite:<br /><br />13. Thongs and Depends<br /><br />Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: I'm turning 50 this year, some grooming tips...

Jinx I do believe there are quite a few of us that are '55 vintage. <br /><br />As for the ankle bracelet and corn pads.... oh your not talking about a ankle monitoring bracelet awarded by the court's!!! :eek: <br /><br />Bob

crab bait

Captain

gray & purple hair..<br /><br />hairy back and a oiled body..<br /><br />orthopedic high heels..

dolluper

Captain

Hay how many of those on the list have you tried that's the important part,can't knock what you havn't tried,in-lines with a walker sounds like fun in a crowded mall :D :D

fireman57

Captain

Just don't braid the hair that grows out of your ears at our age.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Does this mean I should restyle my BEATLE hair cut? I guess it looks old with the hole in the middle.

dolluper

Captain

Do you get a deal on those hair cuts with the hole in the middle????/<br />[less hair to cut should be cheaper]<br /> :eek: :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Does this mean I should restyle my BEATLE hair cut? I guess it looks old with the hole in the middle.
While you're at it... nix the leasure suit.... :p <br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Oh CRAP! 50 is looking me square right in the eyeballs!

NYMINUTE

Captain

The leisure suit, no way man, this sucker is vintage, baby blue (mostly) but the yellow arm pits contrast so well. As for the hole in the middle Mr. Dolluper, I will have you know that it costs more because of the edging involved. This is critical. A gradual fade to flesh. Thank God for the HAT. You guys are groovy err ROCK

NYMINUTE

Captain

FOR SALE <br />One size 42 Leisure Suit, Baby Blue. 100% Polyester, Wide collar shirts 15.5 neck. 6 all pink. 100 Disco Albums, featuring John Travolta before he got fat. Ah ha ha ha Stayin' Alive. $25.00 OBO 1-800-123-1975

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Can't wait for my eyebrows to get bushy.<br /><br />Jinx

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jinx:<br /> Can't wait for my eyebrows to get bushy.<br /><br />Jinx
pssst! They are! :p

D

DJ

It depends.<br /><br />1. Open shirt and gold chains?<br /><br />2. Bermuda shorts and dark socks?<br /><br />Or, worse, a combination of the two. A definite fashion trainwreck.<br /><br />Pick your poison. :D

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

for me:<br />white belt and white shoes, and to make it better, add black socks with shorts. Hey , and the combover looks great.<br /><br />Tight tucked in pullover shirt with a good sized gut.<br /><br />Really, I have found baseball caps work good for me.<br /><br />Oh ya, I forgot the wrap around sun glasses.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br /> for me:<br />white belt and white shoes, and to make it better, add black socks with shorts. Hey , and the combover looks great.<br /><br />Tight tucked in pullover shirt with a good sized gut.<br /><br />Really, I have found baseball caps work good for me.<br /><br />Oh ya, I forgot the wrap around sun glasses.
Available at Osco and Walgreens. :D

D

DJ

Really, I have found baseball caps work good for me.<br />
P-L-E-A-S-E!!!! DO NOT put them on backwards. :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: <br /><br />I forgot about the white belt. :D