I'm off!! Out for some sunburn and fish tomorrow

vwall

Cadet
Alrighty then!!<br /><br />Last week i replaced the relay switch for my starter and that outboard is fire and life!!<br /><br />So tomorrow, it's off with the buffer and give her a full winter clean up and set out around 3pm to fish til dark...<br />Apparantley, the Red's have been running pretty well in the Bay here so maybe I'll have some tales to tell...<br /><br />I'd rather be off in the Gulf like last year nailing the Kings and Dolphins and sea bass and Jack's but Im ok with the bay for now ;-)<br /><br />Cant wait!!!!!!<br /><br />only down side is we're in the middle of the lunar cycle and thats a lower point for fishing...<br /><br />We'll see what happens..

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I'm off!! Out for some sunburn and fish tomorrow

Our fishing here is similar to your area--bay and then Gulf. I don't know about that lunar cycle theory; all the experts around here have contradictory ideas on it. I figure just go when you can and let the rest take care of itself. Good fishing!

vwall

Cadet

I just got in.. its 3:22 am..<br /><br />Been Fishing on my boat in the Gulf and went thru some Small craft advisory waters that weren't on the marine forecast...<br /><br />Barely made it thru an 8 mile stretch of hideous waves.. and trying to beat the sundown to get to the marina....<br /><br />Then of course had to fish the private holes at the marina till 1:30 am..<br /><br />ended up catching about 20 trout and 6 large Red fish...<br />And the usual heardheads, croaker etc...<br /><br />whew!!!<br /><br />im exhausted.....<br /><br />But no sunburn today!!!!!!<br /><br /> :D

LadyFish

Admiral

vwall, the winds kicked up Wednesday night to 17 in the bay. Our neighbors went out during the day when the water was like jello in East Galveston Bay. Tagged one real nice red, caught a couple of smaller ones and quite a few trout and black drum. He made redfish on the halfshell for us. I never had it before it was great! :)

vwall

Cadet

Cool!!<br />I've never had it that way either...<br /><br />Actually, this advisory was in the East bay...<br /><br />I keep my boat in a private marina (west bay near Offats bayou)<br /><br />The waters were smooth most of the day so we hit alot of East bay and then out to the ship channel...<br />I checked my clock and it was around 7:17 pm and i knew we needed to start heading back..<br /><br />The ship channel waters were smooth but as soon as we went under the first bridge leaving the ship channel and entering East bay.. It was treacherous...<br /><br />The whole 8 mile run from the channel to the causeway..<br /><br />and as soon as we went under the causeway and into west bay.. the waters were much calmer..<br /><br />Im just happy we made it thru it and before sunset...<br /><br />The scary part is that my engines carb acted up and we lost 1/2 power due to old gas and new mixture... thats what we think anyways.. wont know til i have a look at the carb...<br /><br />But we barely made it back..<br /><br />it was a trip out to remember thats for sure..<br /><br />*end rant*<br /><br />enjoy the reds on the half shell!<br /><br />scott