im lost ...

gateway

Seaman
I have a 1979 johnson 4 hp seahorse outbord. It has little scratches and shows just a little age, but very clean, runs like a top and always starts.<br />I am looking to sell it now to help in the cost of a used jon boat. What is a motor like this selling for? please, any help would be appreciated.<br /><br />thanks ya'll<br />no4njnk

gateway

Seaman
Re: im lost ...

my thread has been here for about 2 hours now...and not one reply? I thank you all for all your input in helping me..<br /><br />no4njnk

Hooty

Rear Admiral

I'm sure your post has been read by others and the reason you haven't got a responce is because nobody knows what your motor is worth. A good rule of thumb is take what you can get.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

ronnie33

Seaman Apprentice

check out e-bay.i looked the other day.engines from 2-35 hp were going for around 250.00 as long as they "ran good in a barrel".

sloopy

Commander

I'l give you 50 for it, it was WAY mass produced

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi, No4njnk.<br /><br />Your expectations are not very realistic. This is not a sponsored site with helpers standing by to leap to your assistance.<br /><br />If you don't get an answer in 24 hours or so, nobody has come along who has a good answer. <br /><br />You should be able to get between $100 and $200 for your engine by listing it in a legitimate classified section or on eBay. Just one opinion.<br /><br />SLOOPY!! For crying out loud settle down! You offered to negotiate to buy it. Now wait for a response, DO NOT start bashing the man's engine. That is rude and annoying. :rolleyes:

ronnie33

Seaman Apprentice

justlooked on e-bay.a 1947 johnson 4 hp had 5 bids.current price is 170.00. a 1985 4 hp evinrude was bid up to 320.00

sloopy

Commander

YIKES I WAS JOKING!!! I would o givin him 150.00 for it!!. if it runs good (heres a little tip have te person hold the phone to too the motor if it is runnng, that way they cant cheet you out!) if its broken I would pay 250.00 if it was broken ;) sorry to affend you!!!