I'm here and okay!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Hi all,<br /> I posted on a few threads, but guess it wasn't seen.<br /> We're fine here. A bit soggy, but okay. We really didn't have damage. We're at 2,500 ft. elev., so we're below the snow level, but at 5,000 ft. they are really in the white stuff. They're measuring by the 10's of feet,not single feet. "Yosemite National Park recorded 108 inches of snow in the five days and has about 30 inches of water in the snowpack". Wow!<br /> We sure did get the rain though. 20+ inches? Crazy! But all of our creeks are flowing which hasn't happened since 2001, so that's nice. One of the creeks tore down a 6 ft. dam which was going to be the beginning of our water ram, but the culverts just didn't hold up to the vibration. So, back to the drawing board on that.<br /> Thanks for all of your concern. Glad you're okay, Tylerin. You guys did get whopped this time. My prayers are with you and all of those in La Conchita. How heartbreaking. But you'll overcome like you guys always do. Be strong and let me know if I can help. All of my family is down there and its my home county. <br /> On the upside all of the lakes will be full this year. Cool!<br />Bassy<br />Edit: Here is an article that I thought was fascinating. I like it when I can know what caused something so powerful to happen. <br /> Explaining California weather

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I'm here and okay!

Great to see you and yours are AOK Bassy !!!<br /><br />Lots of folks here been wondering if you and your family were involved in the weather related crap that affected 'fornians. BTW, my bride and I did a 3 day to the Reno area for our first Anniversary. loved the horse trail ride in Squaw Valley as well as touring around the Bonanza set by Incline Village! Real cool area you live in!!!!!! Oh yea, had a sarsaparilla in the "Bucket 'O Blood" in Virginia City!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Glad you're okay, Bassy.<br /><br />Wouldn't be the same around here without you. :)

KaGee

Admiral

4_17_3.gif

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello Bassy,I'm Glad you are Ok. Serenity