I'm an Idiot

eeboater

Commander
Did you know that when you dial 1-911 you get the 911 emergency line?<br /><br />Found that out the hard way... Our corporate office is located in the 913 area code so I dialed 1-911 - accidentally double-hit the 1. I stayed on the line so that the emergency center wouldn't get a "hangup." They sent a cop anyway...<br /><br />Please let me re-iterate... I'm an idiot. :rolleyes: <br /><br />NYM... no comments about a boat and lack-there-of in my life, no need to add insult to injury.. :D :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I'm an Idiot

OOOPS!

QC

Supreme Mariner

We had the same thing happen with one of ur UK emnployees. He dialed 9 for an outside line then 11 for International dialing. Our phones were set to automatically diall 911 when someone hit that sequence. Cops were at the door in a few minutes and we had to show them our guy from the UK to explain it. This must happen all the time . . .

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Homer Simson, "Quick, whats the number for 911?"<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Ken

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Uh, double E, a woman in our town was even more of an idiot. Someone told her that if she would dial a 1 before dialing 911 (like you did) that if a busy signal was heard, your line is being tapped. So happens she was a big crack dealer and got busted for it. So don't feel bad...

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

It is amazing how many people program 911 into their speed dial???<br /><br />Here our cellular telephone pre-fix used to me 991. Surprising how many people would dial the wrong number there. Even if they dialed 911-5555 it would still ring 911.<br /><br />Last to Mayfloat, was runningh a wire tap and pen registry on a dealers phone a few years ago as part of a federal investigation. Imagine our surprise when he dialed a 1-900 number that charged around $10 a minute to check your phone line to see if it was tapped. This loser dialed that number at least 3 times a day. It would start with a recording saying they will test his line for wiretap and give a certain tone if the line was safe. It never showed our tap we had. Must have beena scam :eek: <br /><br />To top it all this loser went into court and denied our wiretap. He said there was no way we could have tapped his line, that we were lying because this number said his line was clean!<br />Judge didn't buy it. The voice recordings gave it away.

eeboater

Commander

lol nice SS... crackheads - always good for a laugh...<br /><br /><br />I just found out that an old co-worker of mine was dialing the fax number of our corporate office. Except when she did it, she dialed 1-911 like I did. The Emergency center called the office and asked if everything was alright. After assuring them that we are all ok, she turned around and did it AGAIN!!! :eek: <br /><br />They sent a cop the second time.<br /><br />Did I mention the gal was preggers at the time? I think the hormones had something to do with it :D <br /><br />Sean

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

eeboater wrote: "Please let me re-terate... I'm an idiot. :rolleyes: "<br />____________________________________________________________________<br /><br />If you say so, i have no reason to doubt you :p :D

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

I had a fax machine here at the office that would dial 911 after hours for no apparent reason. :confused: I would get a fax back from the PD telling me to cut it out. I don't use that machine anymore.

ZmOz

Captain

One time I was helping my dad at work on the weekend. He works for a company that distributes large amounts of very hazardous chemicals. As you can imagine they had a very sophisticated alarm system.<br /><br />Since my dad was the only one there, he apparently didn't turn off the alarm completely. I was out in the back walking through rows of 55 gallon drums with all kinds of scary symbols on them when I set off some kind of alarm.<br /><br />Cops were there in 3 minutes. I was handcuffed at gunpoint. They had to talk to the owner on the phone before they would let us go. :rolleyes:

ndemge

Commander

same thing would happen at our old office.<br /><br />Local exchange was 991<br /><br />...so people would call say, 991-1xxx and forget the first 9 needed to get an outside line and BAM

Pony

Rear Admiral

One of my college buddies got drunk, walked around town and called 911 in his drunkeness.......needless to say he was underage and pretty much called the cops on himself.

Pony

Rear Admiral

LOL KIZ....reminds me of Tommy Boy

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh well, that's better than having someone call imformation to get the number for 911

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

At work, we changed it so you have to dial "8" to get an outside line... it was a pain at first but a lot less calls to 911... See..You're not the only one that does it! :)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Long ago in a past life.......Girlfriends mother would watch her exit the house, walk to the garage open the door, get in her car and leave for work every AM. (Questionable neighborhood at best) She asked her mom what she would do if something happened. Mom replied dial 991. :D :D Bless her heart she meant well.