I'm a new guy here....

riverrat66

Cadet
I?m a new guy here and will probably have lots of questions as I haven?t owned a boat in about 30 years. I purchased a boat from a guy who was going through a divorce so while I got a good deal I don?t know very much about the boat or engine. I went for a ride in the boat before I purchased it and it runs very well and everything works.

The boat is a 2005 Proline 21Sport Center Console with a 2005 Mercury Saltwater 150 hp engine and came with a 2005 Tilt Right trailer. The decals are coming off the engine so I?d like to replace them but don?t know if the engine is a EFI or carbureted model. I?m thinking it?s an EFI model because I?ve looked online for a 150 hp Saltwater edition and can?t find a listing for anything other then the EFI or Optimax models in 150 hp. If anyone has any information on that particular engine I?d appreciate it.

I?m taking a safe boater course because it?s been so long since I?ve used a boat and figure I need to refresh my boating skills. I?ve purchased the PFD?s I need and now need to get some new fishing gear and I?ll be ready to go.

Thanks,

Gar

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: I'm a new guy here....

Welcome aboard riverrat. May we ask where you do your boating? Sorta lets us know if your in the winterizing states or the fortunate ones that can boat year round.

BTW, good to hear that your taking a boating safety course...........SS

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome aboard RR! :) There are plenty of fine folks here to help you out. :)

riverrat66

Cadet

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunatly I'm the a winterizing state, Western New York. I purchased my boat while vacationing in Florida and brought it home just this past weekend. I'll be doing my boating/fishing mostly on the Niagara River or Lake Erie. The weather here now isn't exactly boating weather but spring is coming soon, I hope!
My main concern right now is naming my boat. :confused:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Enjoy your boat. You are in the right place for any help and advice you need. There are plenty of experts here that will assist.