Illegals get the boot...

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Illegals get the boot...

LD, that just might slow 'em down... :D ;) ...JK

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the assumption that if a Cuban makes the crossing and reaches American soil, he/she is allowed to remain here and is given a residential permit
That is correct, Elmer.... It's called the "Wet foot-Dry foot" policy, and it needs to be changed... I'll stop there..................... :mad:

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by J.kopec:<br /> Can't we put 'em in the Army, & ship 'em to Iraq?
Hate to break it to you boys but that's been happening already. Serve this country and gain citizenship.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> BD-With all due respect, your post has at least 17 spelling/grammatical errors. At times I can understand why companies don't value basic skills of Americans because those skills have slid to an all time low.
I know I get in a hurry sometimes.. And to tell you the truth the jobs that I was hired for they didn't care about grammer. The place's I worked for only cared if you can do the work and how fast it can be done with out any complaint. I was also the ars that had to give people their walking papers too. I hate to say this but in some jobs the ability to get the work done was all that counted and that is all the boss cared about.. As for the basic skills, yes, I do have to agree I need a little tuning up.. :D

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

the rumor that illigals dont make much is not true........in my industry it is 2/3 forigners/ recent imigrants and they all make over 26 an hour..

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Wldl Bill....If they are willing to lay their lives down for this country & the constitution thereof....They are welcome in my book.....It's the 'free riders' that I have a problem with....When this counry was founded & needed to reach it's 'manifest destiny' all comers were welcome......Time to close the barn door & make it a privilege to live here.....And pay it up front....However, You cannot argue with putting your life on the line & I don't care if if you are green, purple, yellow or black...& not in that order. If you can do that, C'MON IN, we need bodies.....That are gonna help....Not dead wood....IMHO...JK

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

no one ever taught "theriver" not to hit and pick on girls. sad weakling :mad:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It is hard to control the country when there are so many double standards. We as a nation need a bit cooler heart and learn to stand our ground......again.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Must of been an illegal that caused a double post....DOH!

PW2

Commander

And 4 cyl,<br /><br />There is a difference between "foreigners" and "illegals"<br /><br />There are lots of "foreigners" coming in to the Bay area (and the West Coast generally) to work in the software industry because not enough Americans simply are getting the skills required.<br /><br />Bill Gates, among others, have given lots of speeches on the subject

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> no one ever taught "theriver" not to hit and pick on girls. sad weakling :mad:
Not to mention that he just needs to:<br /><br /> GET A LIFE!!!

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Originally posted by pjc:<br /> no one ever taught "theriver" not to hit and pick on girls. sad weakling :mad:
Not to mention that he just needs to:<br /><br /> GET A LIFE!!!
Calling BS on someones spelling and grammer here on this forum other than Ryan T. is a blatant (rookie) mistake. Your probably better off breaking a mirror or something. :cool:

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know if this was pointed at me, but theriver does have a very good point.. The basic skills of Americans in the public school system sucks, when I went in the 1970-80's.. The school just passed you through, unless you were severely under the state wide standard. If you were just below the middle they shoved you through. Now schools are alot harder.. Things that were required in high school is now required subjects in 4/5/6th grade. I got as far as Algebra, and drafting, and some tech design.. No computers at all..<br />I remember my last year in highschool we took a test that was voluntary, I gues the army, navy, marines puts it on for new recruits.. I can't remember the test name.. <br />But I had a lot of phone calls. I finally told the Army I wasn't interested, but before that I asked him why they keep calling.. They told me I out scored most of the boys on the test.. I wasn't the only girl they bugged also... But I had some medical issues at that time and was going through physical therepy for an knee injury. The calls finally stopped after 6 months.<br />I kind of wish I took the offer through the army, maybe I would of had a nicer career.. At least a better paying job.. The army boy , they are tough.. I kepted on coming up with excuses why I can't join up and they kept telling me that won't be a problem. Everything is fixable..

D

DJ

Homeland security says there will no longer be a catch and release mentality with the illegals crossing the border.<br />
They never had that policy. Trouble is, our "freinds" to the South just turn them around for another shot at it.<br /><br />Illegal imigration is a "priority" for the Mexican government. Illegal, Mexican, immigrants to the US are Mexicos #2 export, after oil, for cold hard cash.<br /><br />Trouble is, Mexico doesn't care who they "push" across. Many are NOT Mexicans and have motives beyond working.<br /><br />Wake UP people. This is HUGE.<br /><br />As I've said before, we're too guilt ridden and apethetic to care-to our own demise.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

uhh ,,, well your from india and you want your buddy from india to come over and look at all the fine blond girls,,,,so you all make up a story that you cant find trainable employees here , and you need to get some from india.........the rich guy says good because it means less compition for the blond girl for his two sons.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I apologize BD.<br />To the rest of the whiners-tough.