Illegal Aliens

txswinner

Banned
Illegal Aliens can not be stopped by border patrol, that is a total waste of money. If we really want to stop the flow from Mexico, enforce the firing laws against the illegal employers.<br /><br />For instance in my town on Friday a concrete paving job was being done by a LARGE contractor. All 32 men on site were hispanic (I know racial profiling). No doubt many were illegal in this country.<br /><br />However, all that needs to be done is immigration show up at the job, get info on the illegals and then get the Federal Prosecutors off their rears and fine the company $10,000 per illegal.<br /><br />If we did this we have no cost of returning them to Mexico and at $10,000 per violation the contractor would probably be willing to pay a living wage to a U.S. Citizen.<br /><br />The garbage that citizens will not do that kind of work is bunk. But instead of the owners and managers taking all the profit a reasonable wage must be paid to the employees. This is the breakdown in our system.

NathanY

Commander
Re: Illegal Aliens

No doubt many were illegal in this country
and you know this because? I agree with most of what you wrote, but you lost all credibility with that statement.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

I can't figure out what the hell the U.S. policy is towards illegal aliens. I do believe that legal immigration has always been a necessary component of growth in this country. New immigrants usually occupy the bottom rungs in our economy by taking the lower paying jobs. Without a source of reasonably cheap labor, we would all suffer. I offered a long time citizen, with no particular skills and who had only a part time job, a job making $20 an hour a couple of weeks ago. He told me he would think about it....<br /><br />Dave..

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

While I agree that the statement of illegality is arguable, why is all credibility lost? Are you familiar with that particular concrete crew?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You know what they say about assuming.

LubeDude

Admiral

Carefull now, we all know that we cant call them Illegal, they are "undocumented imigrants".

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

waste of breath . i use the cheap labor from the official sites ,10 dollars realy isnt cheap , but im getting someone documented i think,,,,,,,,any way i never see any women out there lookin for cleaning jobs i dont know why .....they should regulate it so we get more women...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Yall sure are rough on ole txswinner, when he makes an excellent point.<br /><br />Ken

Twidget

Commander

No doubt many were illegal in this country.
He stands a better chance of winning a bet on this than those who disagree do. ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Of course you can significantly limit the number of illegal immigrants by patroling the boarder. It will have to be a multi-tier program to eliminate illegal immigration and enforcement of existing policies to deport the ones already here.<br /><br />Nothing this complex can be solved with a single prong approach. I do agree that employers should be held accountable and the ever popular snitch line put in place.

tommays

Admiral

i work at a place that has a lot of spanish employees <br /><br />i no a lot are legal because they are able to fly home and vist<br /><br />there are also some i dought it but they have paper that says they are <br /><br />AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM<br /><br />we pass all the papers through ADP to be sure the numbers are good and thats about all you can do<br /><br />just like the border the hole in the paper work is so big you can drive a bus through it<br /><br />this is a goverment problem all the papers and numbers you need are far to easy to get around <br /><br />and yet you want Employers to hold the bag for A GOVERMENT SYSTEM THAT WORKS LIKE S!!! <br /><br />we need a national ID system thats at least as good as a passport if you expect Employers to screen people <br /><br /><br />tommays

txswinner

Banned

I apologize for the racial profiling, no offense was meant. But, I know where many of the illegals live and if in my town could take you to the shack houses they live in, show you where to hire them off the street and take you to job sites where they work for less than $8.00 per hour as framing carpenters, sheetrocker, painters, concrete finishers and other jobs. Their lives are better than in Mexico but it takes jobs away that should pay $12 to $18 and could be filled with US citizens. The profiteers are the employers who simply enjoy larger profits and often avoid paying Social Security. This is a fact not something I think. I went to Houston a few years back to help a friend get his books straight. No longer a friend, he worked about 50-70 illegals and paid with cash. He is now a multi-millionaire and has not been caught.

jspitzer

Cadet

some of the spanish people work hard for little or nothing, what pisses me off is these people that come over here and start a business and get tax free for six years then turn the business over to a reletive and so on and so forth. We all have to pay taxes but they don't, now that's a crock.

The government definitely is lacking some brains on this subject and many others. The border patrol needs a lot of help but it would cost way too much dinero to have a good watch along the entire border. That is some hot desert out there.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Quotes: by txswiner:<br />__________________________________________________<br />All 32 men on site were hispanic (I know racial profiling). No doubt many were illegal in this country.<br />__________________________________________________<br />I apologize for the racial profiling, no offense was meant<br />__________________________________________________<br />Hey TX that is not racial profiling its called STERIOTYPING. To see 32 Hispanics and assume that they are all illegal aliens is STEREOTIPING based on a prejudice. Not to worry TX we all do it. We all stereotype and have prejudices. When one acts out based on a prejudices or a stereotype then it becomes DISCRIMINATION and that’s illegal. Stereotyping is the mind rationalizing an experience. You seen 32 Hispanics and assumed that they were all illegal. I think that I read that you own a company if so TX you may wand to talk to a HR person.

txswinner

Banned

Now I am confused course I got relatives in Kansas and am considering the source. Kidding!!! Thank you for the enlightenment.

mike5097

Cadet

Here is the reason for the US "non-policy" on illegal aliens.<br />Nothing is being done about this "problem" is because the United States imports just about the same amount of OIL from Mexico as it does from Saudi Arabia. <br />You don't here about that very often do you?<br />Have our government tick off the Mexican government and what do you think will happen?<br />Better to keep kissin' it than cause more "problems".<br />Kind of dated, but this website explains alot:<br />www.gravmag.com/oil.html#imports

D

DJ

tws wrote:<br /><br />
Their lives are better than in Mexico but it takes jobs away that should pay $12 to $18 and could be filled with US citizens.
What a load. Have you ever been to Mexico? It's a third world cesspool.<br /><br />The only answer is to "document" them as guest workers. At least we know who they are and where they are. And, we allow them to come and go. That is what the majority of them want to do, but we won't let them.<br /><br />I'm getting tired of repeating this over and over and over and over.