Ignorant Stupid People

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
The lake where I do my boating is posted that no alcholic beverages are permitted. All weekend long I saw people with their beer right out in the open. No attempts to conceal it at all. Friday night I had just put my video camera down when I saw one of the park rangers come onto the dock. One of the slip holders extends his hand and shakes the officers hand while holding a case of Budweiser in the other. What a picture this would have made. The officer pointed at the box and told him that he should be more careful on displaying illegal contraband. So the officer basically ignored what he saw.<br /><br />Ignorance episode #2<br />The slip next to me is a transient slip for weekend dockers. A brand new SeaRay Sundancer 270 backs into the slip next to me. The owner did handle his craft with expert care. After he docked 3 loud mouthed women scantly clad with minimal clothing got off the boat. They go to their tow vehicle a start bring case after case of hard liquior to their boat. Its 9am saturday morning and they are already smashed. Eventually their friends show up and they load up and head out onto the lake. They would return about every 3 hours to get more ice and supplies. Each time this group would be louder and more rude each time. The owners ability was starting to deminish on his handling of his craft. <br /><br />Then about 10pm last night the watercraft patrol boarded their boat. Most were arrested for various charges. The owner got busted for DUI and carted off to jail. This morning they backed their boat into the slip and all was quiet. <br /><br />This groups ages were in their 30's and 40's. Seems like they would have been old enough to know you don't party like this on a small lake during a major holiday weekend.<br /><br />Ignorance epidsode #3<br /><br />At 3am stupid idiots was shooting bottle rockets over the boats at the marina! One landed on my bimini top and burned a hole in it. :mad: Other boat owners also had some damage due to the idiots neglect. They were never caught so now I have this hole in my top that I will have to pay for.<br /><br />So what kind of ignorant stupid things did you see this holiday weekend?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Ignorant Stupid People

Strat, what are you sorry for? You were in ICU, I know it wasn't you. :D

gonfishn

Commander

Was it Clearfork SS? No more Rangers at clearfork now because of the Budget crunch..They now have the Sheriffs Department monitoring the lake or they were when I was there last month..<br /><br />Saw where a 48" gator was caught and released in May..Planning on hitting Clearfork in Oct. this year for another hunt..

LadyFish

Admiral

#1<br />We were pulled up to a bank fishing a shell reef along with about 4 other boats. There couldn't have been 30 yards between us and the bank in very shallow water. This idiot in a Whaler comes between our boat and the reef scraping bottom the whole way and caught my line in his prop, he kept right on going. It nearly busted my pole in half. Never even said he was sorry. Idiot.<br /><br />I had a few choice words for the dummy. He wasn't fishing, just motoring through. There was 3 miles of bay on the other side of us. :mad: <br /><br />#2<br />Our very own bridge captain and his arrogance to pleasure boaters over the radio all weekend was appauling. His disregard for their questions about the bridge being up or down and when they asked of oncoming boat traffic had me furious. All he did was reply with sarcasim and insults. Totally uncalled for. He was cordial and friendly to all the tug boat captains but blatently rude to pleasure craft captains.<br /><br />One boating club came through with 15 yachts and called ahead to the bridge captain to open the bridge because many of them had towers, etc., he wouldn't do it. He told them You have 25' of clearance and you can make it. As the parade of boats approached (which he referred to over the radio to a tug captain as the "idiot parade") he saw these massive yachts could not make it, then made them wait 30 minutes before he'd open the bridge.<br /><br />The railroad bridge captain was just as bad if not worse. One boat asked him if the bridge was up/down. He responded by first saying "DUH, the bridge is down" then when the guy asked him if a train was coming anytime soon he replied "no, i'm running an airport here".<br /><br />Obviously, the local Chamer of Commerce didn't hire these guys. I think it leaves a very bad impression of our city. The water is there for us all to enjoy and rude bridge captains need to change their attitudes. :mad:

Stratosfied

Ensign

There will be a main fireworks display tonight--Great for everyone!! But--starting at about 5 pm, the local firework stands will start having a buy one get 15 free sell! I probally will have a page full of stories tomorrow!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Not enough time to type all of it. The weekend is not over either.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

hummm.. lemme see..<br /><br />I pretty much stayed away from the goins on this weekend.. Other than goin to work or goin to eat, all I did was walk down to the park to wet a line in the pond yesterday... <br /><br />#1. Like SS Mayfloats lake, big signs at the park state "NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED" at the park... Nary a police occifer around.. Bad enuff the yay-hoos are drunk, but none of the empty cans end up in the GARBAGE CAN!.. If I had a nickel for every beer can left on the ground I could retire today (slight exaduration sp?)... I ought to go down there and pick em' all up and take them emptys to the recycler... I bet I could fill the bed of my truck.. <br />ummm.. nahhh.. I'd probabay be the one getting a fine or arrested for having open containers in the park, plus then my truck would smell like beer... yuck..<br /><br />#2. Same park.. "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED ON WALKING PATHS".. Kids riding them pocket bikes and go-peds at top speed all over the place.. Again, nary a police officer around... Not only are they riding on the paths, they are riding in the streets too (another no-no).. Oh, and not one of them younguns had a helmet on either.. <br /><br />LOL at LF's buddy, the bridge tender... :D Truthfully, most of the time I sympathize with the tender... :) I must say, our tenders are pretty good and polite, but sometimes they get some real duzies that just beg for an arrogant reply.. :cool:

Link

Rear Admiral

Way too many to bother typing<br />watering lawn right now do to all the bottle rockets.. already lost a couple lawns in years past.<br /><br />However when down at the Tall Ships in Tacoma yesterday everyone with a boat sort of does the parade thing in Foss waterway. Stopped by to visit some friends on the water... we were only there for about 45 minutes and I counted at least 25 (thats not a typo) boats with people sitting on the bow with thier feet dragging in the water while under way ARRRRG<br />One small mistake and they are Prop Food

Twidget

Commander

Mine started off just great. I rented a slip for the month of July from the home owners association where I have a camper lot. Paid them late Thursday, they gave me a key. When I tried the key, it wouldnt even go in the slot.<br /><br />Wife called the office Friday and they said somehow they had gotten a couple dozen bad keys.(Guess no one bothered to chech them before issuing them.) Called again at 4:50 to tell them we were driving in and wouldnt make it before the office closed, they said no problem, we'll leave a new key at the security gate.<br /><br />Security gate didnt have the key, they said no one had a key, except the master for both docks. I was told to call if I wanted into the boathouse during normal hours. <br /><br />The weekend went downhill from there. :mad:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

gonfishn, No it wasn't at Clearfork, the ranger there makes it a point to be known when its busy. This was at Pleasant Hill (hasn't been pleasant lately). Wife and I was so fed up that we left early. The lake is less than a thousand acres and it gets like a big washing machine when everyone is out there. We are thinking about doing a seasonal dockage at Clearfork next year. At least I know I would meet you then.<br /><br />Yeah, people don't think or just don't care. That Sea Ray was setting off fireworks that got the watercraft patrols attention. They weren't just bottle rockets, these were the tube and mortar type. My friend that docks close to me just called and told me about the fireworks. Everyone at the docks thought they were from the otherside of the lakeshore.<br /><br />Another "HERES YOUR SIGN"<br />"DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES" ya know, I just gotta get me one of those invisable ones. I didn't see them because they were invisble, but apparently they have em. I see people using them all the time. They must be like the ones with a recoil, because the dog can run out aways from its handler. Geeesh, :rolleyes: I'll quit now.......SS

NYMINUTE

Captain

If I did that I'd be in jail. A$$ wipes. Hope thet hit something large and sharp next cruise.

KaGee

Admiral

No ignorance or stupidity to report here, unless you want to include family members that bombarded my home on Saturday and left yesterday. Totally ruined my weekend.

aspeck

Staff member

It was last weekend here - a family of 3, (Dad 46, Mom 45, daughter 5, were killed when their boat hit the shore going 40 - 50 mph at 11 pm. Umm, it is dark then, our lake is nothing but turns (looks like a serpent from the air). Families older daughter was staying with friends, so she is without any family now.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Nothing really stupid here, yesterday was pretty calm here on the Trinity river / Trinity bay.<br /><br />Actually boat traffic was light.<br /><br />Now on the lakes I am sure there were plenty of idiots. I have been on Lake Conroe on July 4th and it is a madhouse.<br /><br />Ken

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

My wife and I went salt-water fishing yesterday. We applied sunscreen, but missed a few spots on each other.<br /><br />Let's just say that I don't have to look for the spots I missed. I can feel them. :eek: Well, I can feel them on myself. If I touch those burned spots on my wife, I'll be slapped (or worse).