Ignition Switch ???

Naw9119

Cadet
My dad gave me a 73 Seastar runabout with a 65hp evinrude. The boat is in need of a total restore. Before I sink a lot of money into the boat I want to make sure the engine runs. My dad lost the key to the Power Pilot remote control so I ordered a replacemet. I ordered a Sierra switch that has the push to choke. tIthe current remote has a seperate choke switch. I want to get rid of it and just use the new switch that will do it all. It hasn't come in yet, but I was wondering if anybody knew what the terminals were on the stock switch? Thanks for your help!

Naw9119

Cadet
I'm also looking to try to find carb rebuild kits. I can't seem to find any evinrude or OMC branded parts. Are they not being made anymore?

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
You can find all the original factory parts from the original factory parts diagram website: epc.brp.com. Your original OMC key switch has been superceded to 386947. If you contact any Evinrude dealer, they will look up the carb kits in their dealer "parts and accessories" guide. It is part number 396701. You need one per carb. These really old parts lists don't list the carb kits as a convenience to the customer. That started in later years.

Naw9119

Cadet
I don't have any parts dealers around me. I've searched all over the web for the carb rebuild kit part number but can not seem to find it. I've found aftermarket kits. By I was reading Ion the forum that some of those kits have fitment issue.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
original keyswitch and OEM carb kits are available at marine engine dot com. Emdsapmgr shows the correct part numbers. Sometimes a bit hard to find.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Our host iboats now has OEM kits. Give them a call with the part number.

Naw9119

Cadet
Sweet, I guess the part number has changed more times than I thought. Since that problem is out of the way, would anybody have an ideal about the wiring of the ignition switch.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
You can go to the top line on this forum, called the "top Secret files". It has a lot of valuable information, including some select wiring diagrams for older engines. Maybe not as old as yours. But the color codes may not have changed much from yours to the ones listed here. See if any apply to your engine.