ignition question i need power

i have an 03 johnson 50 hp outboard the wirering harness plugs into my side mount controls and the ignition is also part of the controls control box is bombarier just wondering if anyone knows an easy way to tap into a wire that turns on and of with the key for gauges and (acr / battery switch) not very knowledgeable in the wireing dept. but cant afford to pay someone to do it im 90 percent done with a resto project and just need to finish up some wireing any help would be appreciated

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: ignition question i need power

You had better not wire an ACR/Battery switch to the "A" (accessory) terminal on the ignition switch. That terminal is for powering the instruments -- not a bunch of high current accessories. You connect the batteries directly to the ACR or switch, and then all accessories AND the engine get connected to the COM terminal. Bettger rethink your wiring.

Re: ignition question i need power

i got it all figured out i just needed a wire from ignition or starter silinoid that is hot only while cranking to tell the system to switch to the cranking batt then when your not cranking the engine it automaticly switches back to the house batt then after the engine is runnin it will charge both batt its an automatic system the only time you touch the batt switch is to turn it off or to combine the batts in the event of a low cranking batt for some extra juice i love this set up wasnt cheap but well worth it deffinately need to buy a volt meter if your going to go ths route i had to it
made things so much easier