ign coil test

Dave_D

Cadet
Any way to test ignition coils off of the motor for a 1987c force 50 cdi <br />They have the brain built into them<br />thanks dave

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: ign coil test

Yes, pretty involved instructions.<br />From breifly looking at my Clymer repair manual, there are 4 or 5 pages of instructions, do's and don'ts.<br /><br />The final test is a resistance test, 1150-1350 ohms.<br /><br />It also states that all cdm units are the same, so they should be interchangable if you can find another motor to swap them with.

Dave_D

Cadet

hey thanks<br /><br />im still wondering if i test the plug wire against the others for the resistance ?<br />my manual covers many years and models and it says check for spark when installed.<br />i got a orange, green and the blue is from stator and a ground<br />i did buy some from ebay but going to be a week till i get them and i hope i can test them before i install so i know if they fry or not<br /><br />i really appreciate the help thanks dave

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

My manual has 6 pages that outline how to teast the cdm. pretty involved, refers to a wiring test harness. <br /><br />Never had to work with these, so the best I can offer is that you pick up a copy of the Clymer manual if your manual doesn't cover it in detail.<br /><br />Perhaps get a copy from the library and copy the pages you need. cdm troubleshooting starts on page 92.