If you think the Swifites are mad...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: If you think the Swifites are mad...

I just hope this gets as wide of coverage as the Swift Boats Group. You can sure tell that the Clinton people are in charge now. The attacks are coming fast and furious. Every 'news' show and news item are containing some form of negatives against Bush.

Ralph 123

Captain

If Kerry was a Republican these guys would be all over the news 24/7... I didn't even know these guys existed until today... The press in this country are shameful..

ratracer

Petty Officer 1st Class

With John Sasso officially in the Kerry camp, it's going to get ugly.

Ralph 123

Captain

Sasso is among the most hated people in Boston

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Everyone should listen to what these men have to say. They spent between 5 and 7 years as POWs in Vietnam and had the North Vietnamese use John Kerry's betrayal as a weapon against them.<br /><br />The news media will no doubt try to make them out as right wing fanatics, but I think they have a genuine and serious grievance against John Kerry and his actions of 30 or so years ago.<br /><br />Regardless of what you think about the Vietnam war, you have to admit that JF Kerry made a serious miscalculation in deciding to position himself as both a war hero and an anti-war activist at the same time. Given has past actions - what is now occuring with the Swift Boat Veterans and now these ex-POW's should have been entirely predictable to him.<br /><br />Not a good look for a prospective president nor a good indication of his honesty or intelligence.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br /> Everyone should listen to what these men have to say. They spent between 5 and 7 years as POWs in Vietnam and had the North Vietnamese use John Kerry's betrayal as a weapon against them.<br /><br />The news media will no doubt try to make them out as right wing fanatics, but I think they have a genuine and serious grievance against John Kerry and his actions of 30 or so years ago.<br /><br />Regardless of what you think about the Vietnam war, you have to admit that JF Kerry made a serious miscalculation in deciding to position himself as both a war hero and an anti-war activist at the same time. Given has past actions - what is now occuring with the Swift Boat Veterans and now these ex-POW's should have been entirely predictable to him.<br /><br />Not a good look for a prospective president nor a good indication of his honesty or intelligence.
Maybe I better make that two ballots. :D

Ralph 123

Captain

Anyone see O'Reilly last night? In short, O'Reilly learned that Kerry was anti-war before he went to Nam. At Yale, he addressed his graduating class about the subject. This lead O'Reilly to conclude that Kerry went to Nam with an agenda to get out as quickly as possible and come home and oppose the war... It was very powerful stuff.

Ralph 123

Captain

what is now occurring with the Swift Boat Veterans and now these ex-POW's should have been entirely predictable to him.
IMHO he figured getting his "band of brothers" on board and the fact he had the media behind him was enough to slip under the radar. When he did not get whacked during the primaries he figured he was home free. Don't forget too, he thinks he did the right thing and that America agreed with him. So he miscalculated and was stupid enough to focus on it during his convention. Then WHACK right upside the head it came...

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

<br />Then WHACK right upside the head it came...<br />
It's no wonder Bill Clinton has been telling him to stop talking about Vietnam.<br /><br /><br />Boomyal - Thanks, but I think you might already have the numbers and I wouldn't want to give any cause for the forthcoming result to be questioned again. :eek: :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> I just hope this gets as wide of coverage as the Swift Boats Group. You can sure tell that the Clinton people are in charge now. The attacks are coming fast and furious. Every 'news' show and news item are containing some form of negatives against Bush.
And it's going to get a lot worse. It's got to the point that I don't read the paper or watch the news except for local things and then even I have to put up with the snooty little remarks by Anchors...

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Does any ex P.O.W. have an opinion about how their current president wriggeled himself out of doing service there and was boozing and doing cocaine while they were rotting in the camps?Or how their current president tried to drag another POW through the mud in order to get nominated???<br />Please guys I know that you will vote republican,but do not allow yourselves to be misled by ultra right wing fundamentalist religious zealots in order to make George Bush serve their agenda.I am afraid of even thinking what that agenda is

Ralph 123

Captain

When will the left stop demonizing the men who served in Vietnam and questioning their motives? Why don't you listen to those men to hear from their own mouths how John Kerry's words and actions were used as part of their torture? Why don't you listen to:<br /><br />H. Warner<br />Hometown: Ypisalanti, MI<br />POW time: 5 years, 5 months, 1 day<br />Awards:<br /><br />Silver Star <br />Legion of Merit <br />Two Bronze Stars <br />Two Purple Hearts <br />Eleven Air Medals<br />Navy Commendation Medal<br /><br />when he talks about how because of Kerry he was told he was not a POW but a criminal and not covered by the Geneva convention. Why don't you ask him if he is just a "ultra right wing fundamentalist religious zealot" Who is the one blinded by ideology here?

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

<br />“Little did the American prisoners of war imagine that half a world away events were conspiring to make their precarious situation even more desperate. That an American Naval Lieutenant after a 4-month tour of duty in Vietnam was meeting secretly in an undisclosed location in Paris with a top enemy diplomat. That this same lieutenant would later join forces with Jane Fonda to form an anti-war group of so-called Vietnam veterans, some of whom would be later discovered as frauds who never set foot on a battlefield. All this culminating in John Kerry’s Senate testimony that would be blared over loud speakers to convince our prisoners that back home they were being accused and abandoned. Enemy propagandists had found a new and willing accomplice.” (Narration from “Stolen Honor”) <br />
...Powerful stuff.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

A least Kerry served. Our local talk radio station. Wtic 1080 AM is playing a funny parody of <br />"Sweet Home Alabama" Called "AWOL in Alabama"..Funny stuff

dick

Chief Petty Officer

I did listen to James H Warner tape a few times and I'm confussed or maybe just missed something. Can someone please listen from 2:48 to about 3:30.<br />I'll just say I thought the hearings where in April 1971 how could the interigator use this info back in May 5-Sept 2 1969 ?<br />I'm sure I'm just mistaken.

Ralph 123

Captain

He said "the last time I had been tortured" meaning, the last time he had been tortured before this time was those dates in 69. He was left alone until this Kerry stuff came out. Then they dragged him out of the box where he had been kept in solitary and they read him his mother's statemets at Winter Soldier and Kerry's statements at WS and before Congress. They said basically, see, even your own people think you're just a criminal and you deserve punishment...<br /><br />i think if you listen to it again you can confirm...

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Richard - at the very start of Mr Warner's statement he said he was shot down in October '67 and was shifted to outside Hanoi in '71 which was where he was played JF Kerry's testimony, which said that the American troops were criminals.<br /><br />Also, he makes an interesting point... Why did JF Kerry, as an armed naval officer, not stop or do something about any alleged illegal activity that he might have seen? Is that not the duty of an officer?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Neither candidate is worthy of my vote, but Kerry is so anti-american and disgusting as to have earned my contempt and the contempt of those who know him best.

oddjob

Commander

Please guys I know that you will vote republican,but do not allow yourselves to be misled by ultra right wing fundamentalist religious zealots in order to make George Bush serve their agenda.I am afraid of even thinking what that agenda is <br />
I dont understand what you mean Rolmops....something about religion?..are you religious.?<br />and what is the agenda by the misled, ultra right wing, fundamentalist, religious zealots....... exactly....just so I'll know next time I hear it.