If want a good chat why not AOL IM? It works, no fights wanted:)

ezbtr

Commander
Guys I dont work for or have any interest in AOL , and thank you to who setup our yahoo chat, but by God, we are JUST about bound to use AOL IM until something better??? comes up??? Again we had another complete chat, AFTER everyone who got bounced swapped. No poofs. Flame me away or try it for yourselves, Heinz

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: If want a good chat why not AOL IM? It works, no fights wanted:)

The chat in yahoo went with minimal poofs last night. Spinner has an alternate chat site here alternate chat site we just have never used it. The AOL instant messenger is disliked by many because of how intrusive all AOL products are. They get into your computer and take control. A lot of members do not have AIM on their computers and that is why we still use Yahoo chat

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ditto EL, I would never load ANY AOL on my puter!<br />sorry Heinz, been there, done that, never again...

Homerr

Commander

Ditto! No on AOL!<br /><br />I use MSN Messenger.<br /><br />Just as evil I suppose, but I hacked it so I don't get all the ads and stuff :D <br /><br />H.

gonfishn

Commander

I loaded AOL up and got alot of popups..so I unloaded it and will stay with Spinners chat site or the other one he has set up.<br /><br />Guess I will stay where I am and hope some still will come down and chat...We ought to be used to being poofed by now..Being poofed here just means the mods are doing there job..Now where did i put that naked Muskette I found.. :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Gotta agree too, AOL? Heck my teenage son won't download anything from them. It took along time to get the crap out of my PC. The only thing about Spinners Yahoo site is that I have to make adjustments to my firewall to use it.<br /><br />I got poofed last night and my PC froze up. Couldn't do much with it after that. I thought it was from the blunt force trama that it received from a bowling ball hit. :mad:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

SS, I too have to adjust my firewall on the other machine to get in, but it seemed better last night after I turned it plum off and just come in on this machine.<br /><br />May have had something to do with the firewall on the other machine since they are on a router. Don't know, but it seems that way.

Homerr

Commander

Don't forget folks...<br /><br />There are ways to hack into AIM, MSN, etc... to get rid of the ads and pop-ups.<br /><br />Do a Google search on "MSN or AIM AD KILLER" or similar.<br />You will find ways to do it. It's easier than you think.<br /><br />I use to run AIM, but my friends went over to MSN, so I followed.<br /><br />You can also get a program called "Trillian", which interfaces with just about all the instant chat programs. This way you only have to run a single program.<br />I personally haven't tried it, but friends have.<br /><br />The way I figure it... If I need a program to keep up with multiple chat rooms and such... Then I've have WAY too much time on my hands and NO life... :D <br /><br />H.

sloopy

Commander

I have aim and MSN<br /><br />If anyone wants to talk to me:<br />AIM Funnsailboats<br />MSN funnysailboats (@hotmail.com)