Idle speed screw on 1996 Mariner 115...where is it?

bbalcer

Seaman
Gents, <br />I'm doing the synch on the carbs and old man seloc tells me to adjust my "idle speed screw". According to the search I just did, it could be several places. I've got a 1996 Mariner 115 (inline 4). I do know where the idle stop, idle mixture, and idle timing screws...however the idle speed screw eludes my vision. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it the barrel nut on the throttle cable as it comes into the lower cowling?

DHPMARINE

Captain
Re: Idle speed screw on 1996 Mariner 115...where is it?

I'm not there looking at it,but idle speed screw should be the same as idle stop.It changes idle rpm.<br /><br />DHP

bbalcer

Seaman

stand by a sec. I'll take a pic and post it. Thanks

Laddies

Banned

Those would be idle stop screws

bbalcer

Seaman

here is what i'm looking at. the bottom screw is the idle stop, the one about an inch above it is the idle timing screw, the one about 4 inches above that is the maximum throttle stop screw. There is a barrel nut on the throttle cable linkage too. <br /> http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4429&sort=1&cat=500&page=1 <br /><br />the pic next to it is another view showing the threaded rod that is part of the throttle cable.