Idiots on Ebay (rant)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Man, why do I get all the idiot buyers?<br /><br />So far I have had two sob stories, one person register under a new name to place a bid so that their real name wouldn't win and then didn't pay, one psycho revenge filled bi__h that left negative feedback just cause she didn't like the box I sent it in. Plus a few other bozos asking questions that the answers were clearly in the description.<br /><br />This current one I have sent reminder after reminder and all they ever do is e-mail me back asking for paypal address. ITS IN THE FREAKIN REMINDERS, ON THE AUCTION PAGE, and ON THE JILLION INVOICES I SENT YOU. CANT YOU READ?????<br />And this person has a 78 feedback rating all good, its not like they are new.<br /><br />OK I feel better.<br /><br />Ken

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Idiots on Ebay (rant)

Hey I agree ... and ebay itself is no help at all. I have been burned too many times with Buy It Now I will never use it again.<br /><br />E-bay - where everyone is looking for something for nothing!<br /><br />The buyers all expect every seller is like a business owner and we are just people like them.<br /><br />It is frustrating. E-bay has taken 6 weeks to credit me back with a final value fee as a result of an idiot. My most recent listing was missing the reserve price and e-bay blamed the computer software.<br /><br />Bob

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea Ken, it gets a bit on the crazy side after dealing with some. You think they would know after doing business on there, but noooooooo, still stupid stuff.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Blujay or Livedeal free. Still might get an idiot (they are EVERYWHERE)..but won't cost ya

ZmOz

Captain

Most of my auctions include free shipping with buy it now. Then someone bids, the buy it now price disappears, and I ALLWAYS get at least a couple idiots asking me about the buy it now. I am down right shocked about how often it is these people have a high feedback rating. Just the other day I had an auction with a starting bid of $9.95, and a buy it now for $9.95. This buy it now didn't include free shipping. With about 6 days left, some moron bid instead of buying it now. :rolleyes: This guy had over 300 positives...

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

I luv it. Where else can you find a bunch of morons willing to pay $50 for a used or broken part that's not even worth $20? I've sold quite a bit, but not as a business, so maybe I haven't run enough stuff through to find too many idiots yet.<br /><br />Anyway, I've turned a lot of trash into green over the past few years, and have had very few problems in the process.<br /><br />But yes, I fully agree, the world is full of idiots...

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bought my boat on ebay no problem but I have to agree It is full of muppets . perhaps an entrance exam 1+1=2 should root out the worst

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

I shoulda kept my mouth shut...just finished a Ebay auction where I was trying to sell my BROKEN digital camera, which I CLEARLY STATED in several places of my description that it was BROKEN. A sniper came in and won the bid at the last second. 5 minutes later I get an email from the winner that says, "I'm sorry, didn't realize it was broken and I don't know how to fix it...dont' want it anymore."<br /><br />Brilliant. Now I gotta deal with all the extra work involved.<br /><br />Still think the occasional hassles are worth it. It's a great outlet for finding buyers for stuff I'd normally throw away.

ZmOz

Captain

Another thing that annoys me: You wouldn't believe how many morons will send me a money order, for $50+, without so much as a return address. When I pay for something by check or money order I allways include a letter that explains exactly who I am, what I'm buying, and where I want it sent. Not long ago somebody sent me a money order for $72, the return address on the envelope was simply his ebay name. I had no idea what he bought or where he wanted me to send it...I should have just kept the money. :rolleyes:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Right now I am in a standoff with someone I made a purchase from. Until they answer my questions, I wont send payment.<br /><br />They still have not answered.<br /><br />Ken