Identify this 70/80's ski boat / engine

bainer1290

Cadet
I am trying to figure out a make and model for this boat as well as the engine. It is for sale locally but the guy selling has no clue what it is so I think I can get a good deal on it if its worth it, would make a good project to get ready for the lake for next year. Thanks

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

etracer68

Ensign
Re: Identify this 70/80's ski boat / engine

The HIN number should be in the back upper right corner of the boat. The motor is a Johnson or Evenrude v4, it looks like the mount and pivit tube was from another motor setup. The motor id should be on top of one cyclinder stamped into a core plug.

bainer1290

Cadet

I can defenitely go that route just need to go back out to it so I can get the number.

I figured somebody on here might recognize it by the shape etc and same with the engine.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I would guess a scatcraft from early 70's with a 135, with a replaced windshield. Or maybe a galstron.

better than checking the HIN, check the title. If there is no title, there's no need to wonder since you wouldn't be buying it.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

It's not a Glastron. Mebbe a Sidewinder? Motor is an OMC crossflow, could be anywhere from 85 - 140 hp.

bainer1290

Cadet

Well the boat got sold but not to me... Thanks for everyone's help with identifying it.

UncleWillie

Captain

Well the boat got sold but not to me... Thanks for everyone's help with identifying it.

Consider yourself lucky! :D

A person who is selling it need to be the owner of the boat.
The owner of the boat does not know what it is? RED Flag!
The registration numbers on the bow are missing! RED Flag!

The Title and/or Registration would have answered your questions.
You asked too many questions about the paperwork, He claims it is sold.
Want to bet it is still there? :rolleyes: