Identify old aluminum boat

Boatdrinks

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anybody know what make and year this boat is? It's an old aluminum boat I just picked up. It's almost 14' long and the hull is split down the middle on the keel. There are two halves and they are joined right on the keel. I've never seen anything like it. It's a really solid boat. The guy I bought it from said it was a '78 sears but I think he is mistaken. Anybody know???

Thanks in advance...

Travis

Attachments

• IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 3

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Identify old aluminum boat

Don't know why you's say it's not a Meyers cause it sure sounds like one to me. Used to own one. 14' with a 1969 9.5 johnson on it. As a matter of fact I still have that motor. Yes there was only one seam down the keel.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Don't know why you's say it's not a Meyers cause it sure sounds like one to me. Used to own one. 14' with a 1969 9.5 johnson on it. As a matter of fact I still have that motor. Yes there was only one seam down the keel.

He said it wasn't a Sears. Looks like a neat boat. I love boat makers like that with a lot of history.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Sorry Incoop, my dyslexia strikes again!

Though it's hard to tell will only one thumbnail which says Meyers

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Sorry Incoop, my dyslexia strikes again!

Though it's hard to tell will only one thumbnail which says Meyers

I know. I just took a stab in the dark. Really looks more like Meuers. Hey, did you hear about the amnesiac agnostic dyslexic? He awoke in the night wondering if there was a doG.;)

dwco5051

Commander

I have a 1974 12' Meyers semi-V and it has the same decal as yours. My decal is a little clearer than your picture but yours is definitely a Meyers. Mine has the same construction that you described.

sbooy42

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pretty sure thats the same boat thats been in our family for many years.. Still slam'n walleye in that ting

lncoop

Vice Admiral

You guys are making me want one.

Boatdrinks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LMAO! Thanks, guys... So it's probably in the 70's then?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Yeah the one I had was a lot of fun and with the 9.5hp on it I was able to get into some pretty shallow water. Unfortuneately it and the trailer were stolen from my apt. parking lot never to be seen again.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Stealing a man's fishing boat is the lowest of the low.:mad: