iboats Trivia

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just wanted to let people know about the trivia tomorrow.<br />It will be at 3PM EST. in the other chat room, here,<br /> http://mypeoplepc.com/members/grizzlybear310/iboats/ <br />When the screen comes up, just<br />enter your nic in the space provided and click on enter chat.<br /><br />If it don't work the first time, just refresh the page and try it<br />again.<br /><br />Also, Drowned Rat was last week's winner and he will be providing<br />the questions and answers for this week's trivia.<br />Prize is a $10 gift certificate from iboats.<br /><br />Hope to see you all there.<br />SBN

JB

Re: iboats Trivia

Here's a question for your list, Drowned Rat.<br /><br />What is the origin of the saying "The whole 9 yards."?

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Ooh! Ooh! I know Mr. Kotter! Pick me! Pick me!

Drowned Rat

Captain

I'll have to research that one, JB. :) Will we see ya there tomorrow?

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB - an interesting question to which I've heard several answers. Let's see what comes out of this round.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well, I am off to trivia now, hope to see some of you there.

aspeck

Staff member

Was a fun time, but Drowned Rats answer to the emergency frequency was incorrect - 121.5 is the AERO emergency frequency. VHF/UHF assignments <br /><br />HA! Just gotta pick, huh!?!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Big congrats to Brian for being the winner this week.<br />Next week, same time, same place.

Drowned Rat

Captain

121.5 MHz is the universal international UHF distress frequency for air and sea. EPIRBs broadcast on 121.5 and their signal is monitored for in every Coast Guard station in the world. Most larger Coast Guard bases also monitor 121.5 for voice transmissions. :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Don't forget about trivia Wednesday at 3PM Est.<br />BrianFD will be asking the questions this week.<br /><br />Come on people, it's a lot of fun, plus the winner gets a $10 gift certificate from iboats.<br /><br />See you there.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Here's a question for your list, Drowned Rat.<br /><br />What is the origin of the saying "The whole 9 yards."?
Wasn't there 27 feet of ammo belts in some of the wing guns of Allied fighters of WWII? Therefore when the pilot returned without any ammo left, it was said that he "gave em' the whole nine yards"?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Just another friendly reminder about the iboats trivia today at 3 EST.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

According to that wonder show on tv mail call Dave Abrahamson is correct with pumping them full of nine yards of lead