iBoats Propeller Exchange

sportyinc

Seaman
I have seen several links to the iBoat prop exchange program posted by one of the Moderators here.
The links are bad or the program is no longer working because after trying all the links, I still can't find any information about the program.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I did learn that TurningPoint has an exchange program for $20 ($30 SS) but I would like to buy from iBoats if possible.

Thanks,

sportyinc

propper_advice

Seaman Apprentice
Re: iBoats Propeller Exchange

It's a bummer that companies are charging to exchange product. Seems like that should just be old fashioned customer service. I know of at least one Prop manuf. that does not charge for exchanges - so the customer only pays freight.

sportyinc

Seaman

That is very true when you don't have a base prop to compare to.
I think the free exchange you are referring to is Piranah props.
They have a free prop exchange but they want $168 for a 3 Bladed prop.
When a Legacy goes for $115 (with hub), I can afford a couple of exchanges.
If iBoats doesn't have any exchange policy, I'll pick up a Legacy online. $115 with free shipping.
Another advantage with the Legacy is that the hub is interchangeable with the Mercury and Michigan Wheel props.

propper_advice

Seaman Apprentice

I found it for $148.50, which seems reasonable considering the lifetime hub warranty and ability to replace damaged blades while still on the water. Couldn't find info on iBoats program either...good luck with whatever you get.

nlain

Commander

Turning Point fees are to cover freight, I had purchased one and had to exchange it several years back, the fee was less then but it was just to cover freight. You can buy the TP from iboats and TP will exchange it for you if necessary.

sportyinc

Seaman

The more I look, the better I like the TP props.
I think that's the road I'll take.

Thanks,
sportyinc.