iBoats Parts Diagrams?

Rick Stephens

Admiral
I find it almost impossible to find either a proper OEM part number or the appropriate aftermarket part number for my Mercruiser on iBoats website. They need some work on their database. I often use other sites parts diagrams to get a part number, and then use the number to find out iBoats inventory and price. But even that has failed me at times. So I feel your pain.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I find it almost impossible to find either a proper OEM part number or the appropriate aftermarket part number for my Mercruiser on iBoats website. They need some work on their database. I often use other sites parts diagrams to get a part number, and then use the number to find out iBoats inventory and price. But even that has failed me at times. So I feel your pain.

Amen.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
luckily the Volvo Penta links take you to volvopentastore.com which is kept up by volvo with inventory by iBoats.

Fun Times

Staff member
Rick Stephens I also use a competing site, but am reluctant to share the link because of iBoats forum rules
Thanks as that is a slippery slope at times.:wof:.

Some in the know find it easiest to locate the OEM parts diagram at the top of the page where it says Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Try Our Classic Website ,

Then click on OEM parts and find your engine type and start filling in the year and model to see if it pops up...Here's the beginning link for you to start with... http://ww2.iboats.com/Boat-Motor-Par...view_id.268656

Now to be honest even in the direct link to OEM parts, the site iboats used as a reference point to obtaining a parts list for all engine models isn't getting their moneys worth as in a lot of cases the parts images and part item numbers aren't complete (Missing) like other sites have used that are complete.:confused::( So just be careful/mindful of that when looking.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Classic Website link on top of the page has the old OEM links to diagrams and parts. The diagrams are provided by Crowley and do not always include all models, especially some older outboards.

When I can't find a listing for a motor or a part in the "Classic OEM", I do use use other sites to find the part number, then search on iBoats, either in the "new" or "Classic" store because of the price match and 5% forum discount.

Calling Customer Service may help at times to get the best price and to find an elusive part.

harringtondav

Commander
Thanks as that is a slippery slope at times.:wof:.

Generally I want to jump up to an online parts page to help with a post question. If iBoats had a page like a competitor, I'd paste the URL so the questioner could see what I'm talking about. I see other members have access to part diagrams and manual images. I'd like to learn how to do this. Easier than sharing a scan of my manuals.

Are these in the iBoats stickies, and if so, where to find the stickies?