iboats on the news today

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
A local TV station came over to the iboats headquarters here in Utah and included us in their morning news broadcast. We talked about getting your boat ready for the season and about who iboats is. You would not expect the largest boating website to be out of Utah afterall!<br /><br />One of the things that they were really interested in is these forums. They asked a bunch of questions about what you guys/gals do in here. It will be interesting to see if we get any new Utah members as a result. You're all famous! -Wait, or do I mean infamous? ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: iboats on the news today

Originally posted by Admin5:<br />A local TV station came over to the iboats headquarters here in Utah and included us in their morning news broadcast. We talked about getting your boat ready for the season and about who iboats is. You would not expect the largest boating website to be out of Utah afterall!<br /><br />One of the things that they were really interested in is these forums. They asked a bunch of questions about what you guys/gals do in here. It will be interesting to see if we get any new Utah members as a result. You're all famous! -Wait, or do I mean infamous? ;)
Thanks Admin5, I am already know around the globe and now I will be known in Utah also.<br />Great. :D ;)

18rabbit

Captain

I like iBoats’ business model. I do see the forums as a weak link. The software used could be updated/improved. There is enough traffic here and the return should justify it.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

18rabbit.<br /><br />You have the insight to decide on iBoats financial abilities? Wow, I'm impressed. :eek: <br /><br />Apart from a slow search and poor search options, the forum software is pretty good. Has been updated over time too.<br /><br />What, to be more specific, do you miss?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

boy Admin5, as the old saying goes...<br />no good deed goes unpunished :p <br /><br />congrats on the free advertising!<br />M.Y.

18rabbit

Captain

UU – I don’t have anything to do with any decisions made by iBoats. I like the “model” of how the business is structured. All business ventures have an inherent risk. In particular, I am impressed with the way this model is structured with respect to those risk. :) Btw, iBoats is not the only business to realize the advantages of this model.<br /><br />Since you asked, and now that I think about, it is probably more appropriate for any suggestion I have to be sent directly to the folks at iBoats instead of discussing them here.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Congrats,<br /><br />I frequent this site for a variety of reasons (actually it is probably, for arguements sake, the only one I visit with any frequency) and I think that the forums serve the new and inexperienced boater very well. Nothing more dangerous than an uneducated boater. In addition the experitise I hope is benefiting i-boats as a busness.<br /><br />I recommend this site to everyone that is looking to improve their knowledge of their boat and boating. Being recognized by the media should only benefit your busness and increase the exchange of ideas to make the sport better for everyone who participates. :) <br /><br />Great job iboats.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Good God, You didn't tell them what we do in here did you. Is there anyway I can erase my tracks? Next week on 60 minutes, Iboats under investigation for harboring boating's most wanted. Some of the boating worlds most unsavory charecters have forumed an alliance, and other shocking stories. Only on 60 Minutes.<br /><br />Please tell me you didn't rat us out. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey this could lead to another Lochness Monster.<br /><br />"The POOF Monster"<br />The legend continues.

Carphunter

Commander

Just don't let them see the "Member Pictures" thread. I know I saw a few of them fella's on "Americas Most Wanted". ;)

SoulWinner

Commander

Thats pretty neat Admin. Congrats to you sweet folks who make this site a reality. Thanks for doing this. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Its wonderful you got such recognition; way overdue. I've benefitted greatly from this site and will continue to because I want to learn so much more about boats, motors, fishing, boating and who knows what else? Thank you all for what you do.<br />Bassy :D

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I hope you guys told them that you've got members all around the globe!<br />Ross

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

WOW Admin5....my dinky little shop made the newspaper a couple times but never the tube!! Hope the experience was a good one. :D <br /><br />Geeee....we're all stars.....in a round about way.<br /><br />Keep up the good work Admin!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Now the media is involved,,,,,,thar goes the neighborhood :eek:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hey Admin, Does that TV station have a website that might have something on it about iboats? If so what is it so that we all can check it out. Thanks

tylerin

Commander

JB thinks we rant, wait til we hear from the guys with multiple wives ;)