iboats Daily Cartoon - Dec 4, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Yeah! After a lot of work and planning we are finally able to announce that starting today we will be featuring an iboats daily boating cartoon! We have teamed up with famed cartoonist Jerry King to bring to you a boating cartoon every day.

If there is enough interest we may figure out a way to have you pick your favorite cartoon to put on a shirt or mouse pad. Don't hold us to it. We are drinking through a fire hose here at corporate iboats working on some VERY exciting projects that will significantly improve and enhance your experience here.

Nuff said...on to the first cartoon. Comments, suggestions, ideas? Please share them!

iboats-daily-cartoon-12-4-09.jpg

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: iboats Daily Cartoon - Dec 4, 2009

:D:D
Nice contacts there BV...looking fwd to some good ones...

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

You have a nearly endless list of ideas in the Stupid Human Tricks Forum.:D:D

Bondo

Staff member

We are drinking through a fire hose here at corporate iboats working on some VERY exciting projects that will significantly improve and enhance your experience here.

Ayuh,... Brainstromin' at the office Christmas party again, eh #5,..??

Keep up the Great work,+ say Happy Holidays to the staff for Us....;)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

looking forward to them, thanks.

JB

Great!! Looking forward to more. :)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Great idea...Always been a fan of single panel "dry wit" or just plain funny cartoons..Really a HUGE fan of Larson...

I distinctly remember one of his where there was a split panel..one on top and one on the bottom..
The top one a buddy was looking at a huge python in a tank..And saying.."Wow, she's a beauty Bob, what is she, 17ft??

And the bottom panel had a guy standing next to his bud's boat admiring it saying "Wow, she's a beauty Bob, what is she, 17 ft?

The caption said.."When the worlds of Boating & Herpetology collide" lol..

Where are you thinking of placing the daily toon? I'd guess not on any banner since that is valuable real estate..Will it be in it's own daily sticky?

Admin5

Great idea...Always been a fan of single panel "dry wit" or just plain funny cartoons..Really a HUGE fan of Larson...

I distinctly remember one of his where there was a split panel..one on top and one on the bottom..
The top one a buddy was looking at a huge python in a tank..And saying.."Wow, she's a beauty Bob, what is she, 17ft??

And the bottom panel had a guy standing next to his bud's boat admiring it saying "Wow, she's a beauty Bob, what is she, 17 ft?

The caption said.."When the worlds of Boating & Herpetology collide" lol..

Where are you thinking of placing the daily toon? I'd guess not on any banner since that is valuable real estate..Will it be in it's own daily sticky?

Good catch that this is not the final and only place for the toon. More is coming but we wanted to get the iboats toon going since we have some good Christmas ones for the upcoming days we wanted to start sharing.

Don S

Here's a thought on where to put it. Since many members use 1 or maybe two of the many forums here at iboats, why not make it available to every one.
Put a button up by the PM button. Then when you check your PM's you can also check the cartoon of the day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Here's a thought on where to put it. Since many members use 1 or maybe two of the many forums here at iboats, why not make it available to every one.
Put a button up by the PM button. Then when you check your PM's you can also check the cartoon of the day.

attachment.php

That is an excellent idea..
Would it make any sense to have them posted & locked/closed?
Unless you are looking for daily feedback?
If a particular panel is extremely funny (as I am sure many will be) A member can always start a DSC post with a "Did you see todays iboat cartoon!" post for discussion and sooner or later I'd guess some member would attach one of those infamous "polls" to their post..lol

Admin5

Good ideas. We will keep thinking so we get it right. I like the idea of people making comments because many of these (I have seen the next month's worth) really hit home to many of us boaters. Glad everyone is liking them so far.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That's great! Of course my wife is always finding humor in my boating. A new perspective will be good.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Great addition to an already great site!!!

If there comes a time, when that fire hose you folks are drinking through needs to be flushed out/repaired...maybe you could post an uncaptioned toon and let us wannabee jokersters take a stab at throwing out a line or two...just thinking out loud...and btw, thanks for all you do!!! :)

Admin5

:) You think like we do. We will have at least one of these every month.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great idea with the cartoons. Just found this, I will be checking in each day from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.