iboats and the pope?

D

DJ

Re: iboats and the pope?

Come on Matttttttttttt.<br /><br />Give a break, I know how much you HATE and despise my belief system. The piling on has to stop somewhere.<br /><br />Your cynicism is quite transparent.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Matttttttttttttttttttttttt<br /><br />forget it ... you're not worth it<br /><br /><br />who let the troll in ..<br /><br /><br />
Behind_tree.jpg

D

DJ

Barlow,<br /><br />Geez, what's got caught in your craw?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

just got zapped by an electrical twitch and erased my near complete response (sick feeling) but will para-phrase..<br /><br />Knot sure what could be caught DJ.<br /><br />one quote comes to mind that sums it up tho .. <br /><br />
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..
I believe thats Romans 8:1 (??)<br /><br />Sorry if I misquoted the good book. I'm not an active practicing member of the 'Christian community' and its been a while since I've had to recall scripture from this twisted mind. [edit addition] - please correct me/it if I'm off on it.-<br /><br />Sincerely DJ - pardon me - its just me and my opinion formed from conservative Theological upbringing, teachings, life and Biblical study.<br /><br />Me, Theological issues and those that run them over with a train don't jive too well.. I respect "It" ('Christian beliefs' and the life and lifestyle that surrounds it..) probably more now than when I was a 'practicing member'.. <br /><br />I recognize that to do something like this is like throwing a gas soaked rag into some pretty firey air.<br /><br />Like I said .. pardon me. I'm truely sorry if I seem out of line and out of touch.. I might be ignorant to it too.. Just doesn't seem right to this nut case [edit addition] - me that is.. <br /> <br />thats all..

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yeah we could add in a new Catagory<br /><br />Pope Side Chat :rolleyes: <br /><br />Bob

mattttt25

Commander

now fellas, the post was completely humorous. redirect to iboats? yes, a joke.<br /><br />dj- i was born and raised a catholic. even received all my sacraments through the church. need one more for a clean sweep, but don't really control when that happens. i don't despise your system, i just have a few problems with OUR system. big difference.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050420/od_uk_nm/oukoe_pope_internet&e=2 <br /><br />come on, iboats... make the guy an offer. quick redirect to iboats. then you'll have plenty of catholics to battle with tinkerer and others.
No idea why I've been mentioned.<br /><br />To ensure that the Pope Benedict website is used for purposes consistent with the Holy Father's position, I'm going to email the site owner with this suggestion.<br /><br />Use it to sell Benedictine.<br /><br />Make a site logo with a picture of the Pope in full papal regalia with a keg marked Benedictine under his chin like the St Bernard rescue dogs have.<br /><br />There's nothing there to upset Catholics as Benedictine was originally made by the Catholic Benedictine monks; St Bernard is a great Catholic saint; and the Pope is a Catholic.<br /><br />The new Pope looks like a guy with a great sense of humour, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind.