I wish I could work on my boat!(and an apology)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
After a car accident last week where a van attempted to mate with the rear of my 4x4 while I was stationary I'm stuck at home with no pay.<br /> My back hurts like hell and I can't work on my boat because of it.<br /> Hell,I can't walk more than 200 yards at the moment without being in agony and if I take the painkillers the doc gave me my vision blurs so I can't drive to the farm it's on either.<br />I've got a whole load of jobs to do on it, including refitting the outboard. I know the compensation will be a fair whack but right now I've about had enough of sitting on my (growing fatter) butt vegetating<br />AAARGH.<br /><br />Anyway, enough of my self-pitying bullcr@p. It's because of this I've realised some of my recent posts have been a tad more sarcastic than usual so if I've offended anyone I apologise unreservedly.<br /><br />Cheers all, it gives me something to do reading the posts on here.Anyone in the South/central UK fancy a passenger for their next fishing trip?

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I wish I could work on my boat!(and an apology)

Hey pal, I sure sympathize with you. I've had some expierence with back pain. I gained like 30 pounds thats about 15 kg for you blokes in the uk. It hurts too damn much to do anything. You can't work in the boat. what a bite. Good luck to you. I hope it passes quickly. For what it's worth, my brother (spudbartlett on this forum) had a colostomy the first a February. He almost died. Now he is back in hospital to have his innards reattached. He is recovering quickly but it has really been tough for him. He is very active and busy with his business. So pardner, good thoughts to the both of you. Mark :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I hope you all have a complete recovery.<br /><br />Untill then, relax.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi<br />BTDT, I can sympathize with you, there is no pain like it.<br />A word of warning on the pain killers, my Doc gave me some good ones, I was able to get arround after taking them. Turns out that I was doing a whole lot more damage to my back without knowing. Ended up with 6 weeks in a hospital bed after a surgeon put me back together.<br />Ask your doctor for some anti-inflamitaries insted of the pain killers.<br />Best of luck and best wishes<br /><br />Richard

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey BTDT on posts<br />and with the back... did the same thing as RPJS and I'm really paying for it now 5 years later.<br />Take it easy and let it heal! <br />As you know its a lot easier said than done. <br />Best wishes to you<br /><br />Link

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

BTDT<br /><br />I know the feelin, hope it is tempory and comes good in the near future.<br /><br />Can offer a trip out fishing in West Oz if that helps.<br /><br />Best wishes<br /><br />Neil

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

If only I could get to Oz :) Weather might be better there too! Thanks for the offer tho GR.<br /><br />Thanks guys- It's quite frustrating being sat here while the season starts. Doc's got me on anti-inflammatories now but they still messin with my head.<br /><br />The vehicle inspector's just been too. He said the towbar assembly's bent and needs replacing. The towbar assembly is 6mm wall thickness and 50mm square box section! Musta been a bigger wallop than I thought-couldn't get down that low myself to check it out.

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Welcome. Can't doo smiley faces. offer stands<br />But our seasons are the opposite. Although winter<br />has plenty of calm days for boating it gets cold.<br /><br />At least for us it does sometimes (2-3 Times a year) gets close to zero or 32F during the early morning.<br /><br />Neil