I was going to go boating on the weekend, but....

brother chris

Commander
some damn thief stole my license plate from my boat trailer. :mad: :mad: :mad: <br />I spent hours and hours on Sunday looking for my trailer plate, but to no avail. <br />I thought I had taken it off and put it somewhere, but why would I do that I asked myself. I wouldn't!<br />So now I have to go to the insurance place and pay yet another $20 for a new plate. :mad: <br /><br />But....on a better note, I can go boating this weekend :D :D <br />There's always an upside to everything.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer
Re: I was going to go boating on the weekend, but....

Don't worry about it, go anyway. Went on a 800 mile trip towing the boat last May. Made it 100 miles from home and suddenly realized that I forgot to put the plate back on the trailer. Didn't worry about it and all was finer than frog hair.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Had that happen once. I went anyway and got pulled over.<br /><br />I told smokey the tag was stolen and showed him my current registration. He told me to make a cardboard plate and write, "Tag Stolen" on it.<br /><br />I didn't get stopped again.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Tag theft.. :mad: <br /><br />I had a brand new trailer tag stolen back in the fall.. Tag was a about a week old.. Whomever did the deed busted the plastic bracket right off in the ramp parking lot... So, I made a bracket out of 3/16" stainless steel... <br /><br />Better bring yer tools next time, Thief... ;)

eeboater

Commander

Hmm... we don't need plates on our trailers.<br /><br />Wow. A benefit to living in Wisconsin?<br /><br />Insert Double-take Here.<br /><br />Sean

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

careful there snapper, next time they might take the whole trailer.<br /><br />lost a plate once,<br />police called, they found it in a snowbank in their parkinglot!<br />it must have fallen off when i was buying a parking permit.

brother chris

Commander

Last year they stole my brand new magnetic lights the first day I used them. They broke into my truck and stole them while I was out boating. <br />Ahhhhh......what a lovely society!<br />I guess I have to be more diligant.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't need any plates here either. :cool:

NYMINUTE

Captain

I better check mine, I usually assume it is there. Thanx for the heads up.