I want to crawl under a rock

gaugeguy

Captain
I just had a pretty embarassing moment, standing outside with the guys at coffee break. We always joke back and forth with each other and poke fun at each other.<br /><br />So as we are standing there chewing the fat, in drives this old Pontiac Sunbird with a couple rough looking women and 2 teenage boys that were into the whole gothic thing.<br /><br />I look at my buddy Chuck and say "who the heck are these in-breeders?" :eek: <br /><br />My buddy Herbie says "that's my mom, my sister and my two nephews."<br /><br />DOH!!!! Chuck is LHAO, I apologized to Herb as he went to greet his family. I felt like a total heel. :rolleyes: <br /><br />What is your most embarassing moment, or did you ever say something that made you want to crawl into a cave and die?

one more cast

Captain
Re: I want to crawl under a rock

I did almost the same thing, I seen a couple hot looking girls standing by the time clock, i ASSUMED they were truck drivers. I went downstairs to get ready to leave and as we were walking out I made somekind of remark about a couple hookers waiting for us and as we rounded the corner by the time clock, there they were, hookers? NO, they were the daughter and daughter in-law of the guy i was talking to. I appoligized the next day.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My wife & I looked at some model homes once that were built by a certain builder, I'll call them "Doneless". These houses were the cheapest most flimsy looking houses I'd ever seen. Even the doorknobs were made of plastic. <br /><br />The next day I was talking to a coworker about the terribly cheap & flimsy houses built by Doneless. She tells me she owns a Doneless house in the same subdivision in which I'd seen the models, plastic doorknobs & all. <br /><br />I spent the rest of the day trying to get my foot out of my mouth.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A guy who has never put his foot in his mouth has never opened it. :)

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I've had several of those scenarios.<br /><br />Back in my younger days when I was much more cocky (high school) I was at a school basketball game. A few rows up in the bleachers I see a woman bent over, fishing for something behind her seat. She was rather large and had short shorts on, and it was not a pretty sight. I leaned over to a friend and said "Cripes, how would you like to wake up to THAT everyday!"<br /><br />He replied "That's my mom".<br /><br />Many years later on a hunting trip with a few friends, we decide to drop by the natural hot springs. There were a few other people present when we got there, and I was engaged in conversation with a gentlemen that was not in my party. In a pool next to us, a woman stood up, very shapely and naked as a jaybird. After staring for a few minutes, I said to the gent something to the effect that this woman looked very tasty, and I wouldn't mind taking a bite.<br /><br />Of course, the woman was his wife. :rolleyes:

FLATHEAD

Captain

I was in the local paint store once and was being waited on by the owner. I noticed a very beautiful girl that was working there wearing a very short skirt (way to short to be working a paint store) I said to the guy "Man how can you work with that around all day?" The guy replies "I have to, thats my daughter" I felt like sinking into the floor.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

funny stuff...<br />I'll defer to Captain Nick, MY 6yr. old on this<br />one. at supermarket few weeks ago and had a rather<br />large woman in line ahead of us...<br />without blinking an eye, he says to me; "wow, she's<br />really fat daddy"

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> A guy who has never put his foot in his mouth has never opened it. :)
That must be an old Chinese Proverb, huh JB? :D

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

At a local Hooters "(.)(.)" meeting of the West Central division of the Florida Sportsman Fishing forum, the members were just showing up. One of the members mistook a table full of folks for members of our group (As we are an internet forum many of us have never met face to face). Well one of the men at the table had very bad dental problems in that his front teeth stood almost straight out like the "billy-bob" teeth @ Spencers Gifts. One of the forum members, thinking he was a funny guy, says how funny the guys fake teeth were! The yelling began and lasted for a few minutes and the apologizing went on for many more. We thought we were all going to have to hold our meetings elsewhere from then on but all ended well.

Carphunter

Commander

LMAO :D <br /><br />I was out with a couple of buddys one time, when this huge woman steps out of her car, Of course I had to say, "Wow, did you see that woman, she stepped on a cats tail,.....and killed it".<br />We all just laughed and laughed........then about 10 minutes later, I find out that shes the girlfriend of one of the guys that was standing there with us.............whoops. :eek: <br />I learned a lesson that day...........................I'm just not sure what it was.<br /><br />(Yeah Mellow, my boys have done similar things also..................I always just say, "Sorry ma'am, its their mothers fault".) :p

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm sure I'm not the only one to make this mistake. I ran into a former coworker that I hadn't seen in a couple of years. I asked her when her baby was due.<br />.<br />.<br />I'm sure you've guessed it. <br />.<br />.<br />.She wasn't pregnant. :rolleyes:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Back in the early sixties, we had just moved from a very rural and very white part of northern WI. We were at the grocery store and my little sister (age 4) had never seen a black person before.<br />So we're in the checkout line behind a black woman and her son when my sister says "Look 'roscoe', a chocolate boy".<br /><br />The woman was very cool about it and started telling us they weren't chocolate, just had black skin. Turns out the woman lived a few houses down the street from us.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

The last foot in mouth episode I had with my boys almost turned out bad. We were sitting in the car waiting for their mother, my ex. She was late as usual and had picked a VERY bad place to meet. A run down neighborhood of Detroit, MI. I was sitting there watching drug deals go down. Hookers walking the street as well. They wanted to go in and get something to eat, since we had been waiting awhile. So we go in and are the only white people looking at the cashier through bullet proof glass, when my son says something to the afect of black people always being poor. And you could have heard a pin drop after that comment.<br /><br />I had words with my son while we sat in the car eating. I of course kept one hand on my gun while people left the resturant looking at us.

11 footer

Lieutenant

The other day looking at a what I think was about a 1959 caddy with the big fins, it was painted red, with overspray all over and spots what where bubbleing.<br /><br />Its at automotive repair shop that we stop at with the canteen truck. I was looking at it and a man walked over, him and I starting talking about the car, I told him it looked like someone painted it with a roller, and that that fenders looked like a tital wave, and nautally it was his car and he did the body work!<br /><br />He was good about it, he seemed to think it was kind of funny.

brother chris

Commander

I've done that with a woman. I asked her when the baby was due. She wasn't pregnant.<br />I'll never ask another woman when she is due, even if I know she is pregnant. My luck, she would have already had the baby and I probably would ask her after the fact.

f_inscreenname

Commander

I used to live down the street from a girl I had a crush on for a couple years in high school. One afternoon she pulled up with her family looking great as she always did. She got out and walked up to me. I being nervous as I always was around her blurted out one of my smoothest lines “you look great, who died?”. I could see the tears well up in her eyes as she turned and ran into the house. Just then her mother told me “her grandmother” in a very snotty tone. At that point the mother liked me even less and after that day I never made a play for the girl. We lost touch and by chance I ran into her a few years back. Looking better then I remember and the first thing she says to her friend was “this is Mark, I had a huge crush on him back in high school”. I almost dropped out right there.

FSHKPR

Ensign

some friends of ours took us to one of thier local taverns. the place had alot of different fishs mounts. and the friend that brought me there says hey did what you think of these mounts. i said well the guy does some nice detail work but he really screwed up finishing them up so glossy. the guy sitting next to me says thanks i did all the mounts here.

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class

At a party several years ago I was sitting on the deck with a group of friends watching the sun set, when a lady walks up to the rail next to where I am sitting. She has her back to me. Another lady sitting to my left says,"There's your sweetie". Nitwit that I am, I slide my hand up her skirt...way up. She jumped like she had been stuck with a cattle prod and started yelling at me. Needless to say...it was not my wife! Had two women mad at me until they saw how embarassed I was and started to laugh about it.

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

Think this is urban legened but can easily see how it can happen.<br /><br />Lot's of people sitting in a circle enjoying a Sunday BBQ when a small girl walks up to one of the woman seated and loudly asks "Aunt Vera can I see how you drink?". The whole conversation around the circle stops as aunt Vera asks the little girl "Why?" to which little girl responds "'cause my mommy say's you drink like a fish and I have'nt seen a fish drink".<br /><br />The silence was loud.