I think I may have helped ruin a motor! And I'm smiling

Link

Rear Admiral
Last Sunday the 22nd we were unloading my van to go help some friends move. To unload the van we needed walk around my truck. And guess what we found? Both fuel tank caps on the ground and tank doors left open.<br /><br />Arrrg as I had just filled both tanks the day before.<br /><br />Well when I checked the rear tank was still full and the front they got only five gallons since it read 3/4 full. 2 20 gallan tanks.<br /><br />This is how I think and hope it went down<br /><br />A: Because both tanks were open they had planned on draining both of them :mad: <br />B: Because they now use self priming pumps with cordless drills to start it and let gravity do the rest they dont even need to smell or taste the fuel.<br />C: They must have been scared off by my neighbor comming home from work is the wee hours.<br /><br />Since they only got five gallons I'm hoping they just dumped it in the tank and went looking for their next Victim<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />You see, my truck is a DIESEL :D :D :D <br />All four rigs have locking caps now :(

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I think I may have helped ruin a motor! And I'm smiling

Now that would be funny-ever seen a petrol running with diesel in it? As long as the engine's warm it'll run.<br /><br />The rest of the county will see it... Dont half smoke some.

brother chris

Commander

Yeah, hopefully they put it in their precious top-of-the-line car they paid $60,000 for :D <br /><br />But I doubt it because if they are stealing gas, the car they have is probably stolen too. :mad:

cc lancer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Link, sweet revenge...if they put in into a Fuel Injected gas engine, they will have a disaster on their hands. :D

LubeDude

Admiral

I would think that even a complete idiot could smell the diesel fuel,

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Will diesel kill a gas engine??? I know it won't run well depending on the dilution. I know if it was the other way around the diesel would be dead.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

In my experiance, anyone with 'enough on the ball' to be running Diesel,,,,, and ain't a drug addicted, Independant-- 'over the road' trucker, doesn't need- or want to take the associated risks involved with stealing fuel.<br /><br /><br />So,,,,,<br />Anyone that feels the need to steal fuel out of someone's driveway,,,,, probably intends to put it in a 'gas' powered vehicle.<br /><br />At best, it'll destroy- or at least horribly carbon foul thier engine. At worst, they'll remember you, and figure that you put some real cheap/crappy stuff in your truck. In either case, I doubt they'll be back to get more.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Winger Ed.:<br /> So,,,,,<br />Anyone that feels the need to steal fuel out of someone's driveway,,,,, probably intends to put it in a 'gas' powered vehicle.
My thoughts exactly..<br /> <br />Oh well there will be a security system in place with lights that come on with a warning and cameras by the end of the year.<br />Darn shame.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hey Link, I had that problem several years ago. I installed some cameras and monitor and no more problems. Mine have motion sensors on them. When they trip, the alarm goes off, and then the dog heads to the windows growling.<br /><br />My next step in updating the security is to put up a 400 watt HPS light to take care of the front of the house. Yep, that will help the cameras pick up areas that are dark now.<br /><br />Mostly what trips the cameras now is small animals that come out at night.<br /><br />Good luck Link on catching those thieves.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Link, have you talked to your lawyer & insurance company? It's never too soon to start planning your defense to the lawsuit that's bound to be coming at you. ;)

one more cast

Captain

We had our Halloween decorations stolen 2 years in a row so I hooked up a motion censer to turn on lights and whenever we went anywhere we would turn on a security camera that was hooked up to the VCR. Never caught anyone but one day we left and forgot to turn on the VCR and when we got back our lawn stuff was gone. again. :mad:

magster65

Commander

Well... that diesel would mix with the gas they still had and be one hell of a smokey ride. Hope they enjoy cruising around in a cloud :) <br />Idiots!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Thats a hoot, they will probably hire an attorney to sue you too. :D

Link

Rear Admiral

LOL<br />I can see it now...<br />The little under privileged gang bangers were insulted and embarrassed driving around the rest of the night with their (stolen) car smoking.. <br />The ACLU gets involved... <br />They bring a case against me.. that I dont have the money to fight.<br />A: I should have known that they couldnt see the F250 Diesel tag on the front fender.. because it was dark.. I will have to settle out of court.. <br /><br />B: I will be required to install lights with motion sensors so this doesnt happen again and put red lettering above each tank in spanish/english saying DIESEL<br /><br />C: For restitution for putting them through all this, every Saturday night I must put a 5 gallon can of gas next to the truck for as long as I live here!<br /><br />Ive learned the error of my ways... just going to sleep at night isnt enough.. I must take the extra steps to insure our crooks are safe from being embarrassed!<br /><br />My Bad My Bad :D :D :D

Twidget

Commander

You forgot inconvenienced when they had to leave your truck to steal gas from another vehicle. How inconsiderate of you. :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Well,<br /><br />Here's a dumb thief article regarding stealing gas :D <br /><br /> http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/bizarre/060205_APsn_lighter.html <br /><br />Dumb crook uses lighter to check level of stolen gas<br />By The Associated Press<br />(6/02/05 - THURMAN, NY) — A tip for would-be gasoline thieves. When stealing gas in the dark, don't use a lighter to see how you're doing. Police in Warren County say that's what Glen Germain Junior did when he was siphoning gas from a dump truck at a business in the Adirondacks last month. <br /><br />The sheriff's department says Germain was transferring the fuel from the truck to a gas can when he used a lighter to see how full the container had become. That sparked a fire that caused minor burns to his face and hands. The fire spread to a nearby forklift, which was destroyed in the blaze. <br /><br />Germain has been charged with petit larceny and criminal mischief. The arrest was Germain's second in a month for stealing gasoline from businesses in the town of Thurman, about 65 miles north of Albany.

Skinnywater

Commander

Dumb crook uses lighter to check level of stolen gas<br />
:D :D crispy critter.. :D <br /><br />Link, I know you wish he ruined the motor and in this case so do I.<br /><br />I've dealt with this both ways. Deisel in gas and gas in deisel.<br />If there is enough Diesel fuel in a gas engine weather fuel injected not, simply draining, flushing and refilling the fuel system with gas and it'll be fine again. The spark plugs will be dripping in deisel so they'll have to cleaned.<br /><br />Gas in a deisel is actually simpler. Drain gas from system, purge injectors and refill with deisel. I'll snap and pop for 10-15 seconds, then be ready for business again.