I think BassCat73 stole JBs Gator!

Link

Rear Admiral
Somethings Fishy here.. dont ya think? :D :D <br />JB check your Avatar to make sure you still got it LOL

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I think BassCat73 stole JBs Gator!

LOL. Link, I know, I know... It does have some similarities! :) I was debating between an avatar of my boat or that fish. I'm very proud of my classic 1979 Basscat boat, but I was even more proud of that fish, so the fish pic won out - biggest fish I have ever caught!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

If it wasn't for JB wearing a hat, I couldn't tell the difference.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

So, that's a gator! No I know what all the excitment is about. I'd be excited too. Where can I catch one of those here in California? <br />How many lbs. is that anyway?<br />Bassy

aspeck

Staff member

I think it is all a matter of perspective. JB is really 6'10" tall and weighs in at 325 lb. On the other hand, Basscat is 4'11" and weighs in at 115. So JB's fish is MUCH bigger! ;)

KaGee

Admiral

Sure to make Gonfishn a little jealous... Snick! :p <br /><br />LOL @ Aspeck!

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now just imagine if I had a white beard! :) That was a 46 inch muskie. I was a lucky man that day. Didn't weigh him, but I'd guess he was around 30lbs. or so. It took a good 10 minutes for him to settle down before I could get him in the boat, then quickly released. Bassy, you should come visit Wisconsin this fall. The musky bite is awesome in september and october.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's bigger than my fish. Mine was only about 45" and weighed somewhere in the mid 20s.<br /><br />Danged nice esox, BassCat. You oughta be proud. :)

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Only by an inch though. ;)And thanks JB! Few and far between are fish like those.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey...I thought size didn't matter..??<br /><br /> :)

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by jsfinn:<br /> Hey...I thought size didn't matter..??<br /><br /> :)
To some people, it does not matter jsfinn :D <br />Does it matter to you???? <br />Just kiddin ;)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by BassCat73:<br /> Now just imagine if I had a white beard! :) That was a 46 inch muskie. I was a lucky man that day. Didn't weigh him, but I'd guess he was around 30lbs. or so. It took a good 10 minutes for him to settle down before I could get him in the boat, then quickly released. Bassy, you should come visit Wisconsin this fall. The musky bite is awesome in september and october.
Thanks Basscat. I'll have to keep that in mind. My step-daughter lives in Wisconsin. Might have to surprise her with a fishing trip. A getting aquainted fishing trip just for us girls. I would love to catch a beauty like that fish you're holding. Are they always catch and release? Or is that just the nice thing to do back there?<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Hmmmm since JB posted right after you with both avatars on screen.. Im thinking young JB and Mature JB.. :D You could turn out a lot worse hehe <br />Nice fin for both of you.. and yes I would have done the fin pic also.. me isnt that lucky yet!<br />Whats a inch between friends?? :eek: :eek: <br />We are talking fish here people :D :D <br />Bassy & LadyFish & Mrs.SW need not to reply! ;) <br /><br />OK this was a riskque post.. :)

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

"me isnt that lucky yet" Yeah Link, but I see your cat is a lot bigger than mine. My cat hasn't even eclipsed 2 lbs. yet!! :) Nice feline!<br /><br />Bassy, yes, I always CPR those kind of fish. First, I'm guessing that fish was 17 yrs old and he's probably worked very hard to survive that long. Second, they don't make a good dinner. Third, I want to catch him again in the next few years, when he's reaches 50 inches! ;) Oh and fourth, a picture is good enough for me – I don't need to mount it. Besides, I couldn't afford the taxidermy fee anyhow...

Link

Rear Admiral

Believe it or not I had never even heard of Gators before joining iboats in 93. Now I dream of the day to catch one! :) We have Tiger Muskeys (sp) in Mayfield lake down south of here but my fishing partner wont have anything to do with 4 to 5 ft fish with 2 inch fangs :D <br /><br />Hey your little feline will up all to fast. Our kits were born on the first of May last year and 3 are 10 pounds and the little male is 15 lbs..<br />Sorta like having 4 teenagers in the house :D :D