I RESENT THE INSINUATION!!!!

robalofish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I RESENT THE INSINUATION!!!! THAT MY POST WAS ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IT WAS. A LINK TO MERCURY’S SITE TO SHOW A NEW MERCURY ENGINE I POST HERE ALL THE TIME I SIGN IN WHEN I DO IT AND DON’T HIDE. NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ANYONE OF SOMETHING YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. MY ONLY REASON FOR CREATING A NEW TOPIC WAS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT EVERYDAY READERS TO NOTICE THAT THE WEB SITE HAD BEEN UPDATED WITH INFORMATION EVERYONE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR.<br /><br />THE ALL CAPS WILL INDICATE THE DEGERE OF MY DISPLEASURE BEING ACUSED OF "sneaky personal data collection" JM - CHECK MY POSTS IM NOT IN THE HABIT OF sneaky personal data collection.<br /><br />RFish >()> :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I RESENT THE INSINUATION!!!!

RF<br /><br />My interpretation of JB's comment is not directed at the poster, but<br />more the fact that when you try to access the site, information is<br />sought from the person trying to access it.<br /><br />He merely said..<br />"Not Authorized?? Please sign in??<br />What a chintzy way to collect Email addys."<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=035796 <br />The link seems not to work properly on some systems. :confused:

robalofish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mercury's web site has never asked me for an e-mail address even when I go to the parts express section. I just went and double checked again still no request for e-mail. Just more information than this morning when I posted the first time.<br /><br />I still stand by my objection.<br /><br />RFish >()> :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

howdy RFish,<br />not sure exactly where JB was asked for his personal information??? I wasn't asked, but I also didn't dig too deep into the techincal info.<br />anyways, his comments were NOT directed towards you, rather directed at the merc websight. you really should NOT take it personally.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Cool down, Robalofish. <br /><br />Nobody is accusing you of anything. It requires a far stretch to take a shot at Brunswick personally.<br /><br />This is not the forum for that post. This forum is for getting help with engine troubles. General Outboard Discussions is where it belongs, and it is already there.<br /><br />My comment was directed at Brunswick, because the site would not show me the material, telling me I was not authorized and demanding a sign in procedure that included providing personal data.<br /><br />I object to that, and HAD MY FACTS EXACTLY STRAIGHT!.

D

DJ

I agree with JB. I think twice about signing into any informational sight that requires a sign in procedure, e-mail address, etc.<br /><br />It's an invitation for SPAM or unwanted e-mails.

bubbakat

Captain

I also checked the post and J B wasn't aiming his remarks at you, I said the heck with it when I tried to access the info to

Clams Canino

Commander

It let me access the site OK?? Maybe it knows me already on a first name basis. :) <br /><br />-W

robalofish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok maybe he wasn’t referring to me directly just my INFORMATIONAL post in the same forum as another thread “Project X” which appears to be OK??? Why the double standard. Based on the way the post was edited and closed. It looks as if I was in the business of harvesting e-mails. I have accessed the www.mercurymarine.com web site with no less than 4 different locations today and not once was I asked for my e-mail.<br /><br />It’s not what was said it was how it was presented.<br /><br />“Same sneaky personal data collection as the same thing on General Outboard.”<br /><br />Now let’s close this thread and go on to something meaningful like looking at the 360-degree view of the engine.<br /><br />RFish >()> ;) ;)

Clams Canino

Commander

You can definately unbunch your panties. :D <br /><br />JB was clearly refering to what he percieved to be **Mercury** Marines data collection methods. You sir Mr. Fish, were not accused of anything unseemly.<br /><br />-W