I put the reg/rectifier on it works...but

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice
(I hope this fits in here, if not move to hwere it should be)what should I be pushing rpm wise? It's a 92 70 horse 'rude. I took it out last nigh and I can do 5600 easy at 39-40 non gps speed. I think I saw a few posts that 5500 is about tops. I feel like I have more throttle left. I trimmed it up and got 41-42 mph but pushed 5600-5800 and backed out - Just trying to see if this seems right or where should I adjust anything - mike

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I put the reg/rectifier on it works...but

It fits here, MIke.<br /><br />Though OMC listed the operating range of your engine as topping at 5500rpm, many folks (like DHadley, who will come along soon) run them to 6,000rpm routinely.<br /><br />I wont recommend it, because I don't think it is ethical to recommend exceeding Manufacturer's recommendations, but people whose judgement I trust do it.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks - I wondered if I should try changing props as it is a little sluggish out of the whole unitl I added a tail to it. It works great w/ tail. I'm not sure what prop it is except an alum one - mike

Bradster941

Petty Officer 1st Class

You might want to have a little more pitch put into that prop.. The prop shop can also Tip the ends to get a little better hole shot bite...

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Consider your normal load before you do much tweaking. If you are getting 56-5800 with just you on board for testing but you normally go out with a couple of folks + gear - - - - -

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice

That was with myself 180+/-, my rods and reels tackle box and my fishing buddy approx same weight and his gear 1/2 tank of fuel 7-8 gal and various junk - mike

67MIke

Seaman Apprentice

We did those speeds and rpm's with myself 180 lbs +/- my gear and my buddy with his gear and a half tank of fuel about 7 gallons.