I put the camper canvas away wet.... now what?

tic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Last four times out it has been rain and thunderstorms.. I forgot to take the canvas out of the boat after it had been put away wet.. When we put the canvas up last night, the Eisenglass had some spots that looked like blue haze.. I tried 303 protectant (all I had w/ me) on the spots/areas and it didn't touch it.(some areas are pretty large). I have some Meguiar's mirror glaze #17 clear plastic cleaner.. Anyone know if this stuff would be o.k. to try on the blue haze areas? If not, can someone reccomend a product or is it ruined.. thanks

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I put the camper canvas away wet.... now what?

Hang it up and let it dry really good - maybe three or four days. If you can place it in an A/C area that would be the way to go.
The 303 is pretty much top of the line stuff but it is just a protectorant. Will do zip on removing the glare. Whatever you do don't touch it with any type of paper, i.e. paper towels, newsprint. A soft, clean terry cloth only.

Take a look at it after those couple of days.

tic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I put the camper canvas away wet.... now what?

Thanks, I posted the same question elsewhere and pretty much got the same response,, it'll take care of itself in the hot sun... With the cost of canvas, I'm sure glad it's not ruined