i pierced my nose!

greg_upnorth

Seaman Apprentice
i was out on the water fishing one day. had just thrown my line in, had some sort of hard bait, think it was a subsurface minnow with a couple'a treble hooks. anyways i was jerkin it threw the water and i guess i pulled too hard...
it came bouncing outa the water...so i quick reeled in the slack. threw me for a start...i wasnt expecting that. I decided i should check to see if the line had fouled in the hooks, so here is this lure swinging like a pendulum and i am watching it. im thinking 'maybe i should grab it before...it...hits......OUCH!!' Snagged myself right in the nose! up the nostril even! That was my first body piercing in my 32 odd years of life! hopefully its the last...
-Greg

_brad_

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: i pierced my nose!

WOW! Good thing it wasn't your eye ball! I have some seriously crazy pictures of some poor guys eye in the ER after he had a hook go in it!

I always worry about that.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Thats why I always like to wear sunglasses when I'm (fly) fishing. I've never hooked myself but a few people a year lose an eye to this kind of thing.
What did they do at the dock when you tried to weigh yourself in?

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ouch! But now you're ready for that diamond stud.
icon10.gif

As a kid, on the bank, trunks on, snagged, pulled hard, hooked the jewels...not a pretty picture in ER!

greg_upnorth

Seaman Apprentice

As a kid, on the bank, trunks on, snagged, pulled hard, hooked the jewels...not a pretty picture in ER!

haha...sounds like some sorta redneck male enhancement technique :D

Thats why I always like to wear sunglasses when I'm (fly) fishing. I've never hooked myself but a few people a year lose an eye to this kind of thing.
yeah, guess i never thought about eye injuries, but im so nearsighted my glasses are like coke bottles. Still, maybe my next pair of glasses oughta be them big ole jeff dahmer types...added protection and all.

incidently... after i removed the hook from my nose, i had some of the best bluegill fishing ive had in a long time, took home a nice meal. prolly good thing im not supersticious....;)