I/O Mercruiser vs I/O Yamaha transom hole?

PSS-Mag

Seaman
Does anyone have any idea how hard it would be to put a Mercruiser engine, transom assembly and outdrive in a formerly yamaha hull?

Does anyone know what the difference between the transom hole on a Mercruiser and Yamaha is?

I have a Mercruiser, 888 (I belive same physically as Alpha I & II, I've used many of the same parts anyway.) I have the 888 engine, transom assembly and out drive that I'm looking for a hull to put it in. I found a nice hull with transom assembly and outdrive too, but it is Yamaha. Appears similar but outdrive and transom assembly are still on. So don't know if the transom hole is the same size or smaller than mercruiser. To know how much modding I'd need to do to put mine in it. If Yamaha is smaller and I just need to cut and reshape a larger hole to put in the merc, then I don't have a problem doing that. If it's larger and I'd have to fill in material, then I'm not so sure of myself.

So does anyone know or have an idea of how hard this project might be?
Thanks in advance for any info anyone has or can find.
I've been searching and haven't found any info yet.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: I/O Mercruiser vs I/O Yamaha transom hole?

Ayuh,........

I believe they both use the Same cut-out.....

PSS-Mag

Seaman

That would be soooo nice.....

How sure are you of that?

Looking at the pictures of the inside rear engine mount / transom assembly they look very very similar and looked like they very easily could be the same template. But I'm usually not that lucky........

PSS-Mag

Seaman

BTT encase anyone else might now for sure.

I'm going to go look at the boat tomorrow night.