I need it bad

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi folks, In 4 days I will be going to wisconsin on vacation for 21 day and I need it bad. I work all year just to have this time to myself. I just can not wait to get to fish.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I need it bad

Nice! What part, what lakes??? :) I love the fishing in my state. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Dang Bob.....I thought ya' wuz talkin' bout somethin' else. Anywho......ENJOY!! I know.....21 days fishin'......hard to take but someone has to do it...... :)

Triton II

Commander

You lucky, lucky fisherman. Enjoy those three weeks and catch plenty. :cool:

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am going up to the Fish Creek area, on Chambers Island. There is a lake on the island that has northerns and Bass. what a place to fish, you catch so many Northerns that you try to get your lure out of his way. It is just beautiful up there.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds familiar. Is that in the Door County area?? 21 days, man that's gotta be nice! Sounds like you've earned it bob!! :)

eeboater

Commander

Yep, its in Door County. Nice area, it's become a big vacation destination. Its weird to think about the fact that someone from Maryland is coming up to a place I spent every weekend each summer as a kid.<br /><br />Bob, remember this; Fish Creek is pronounced "Fish Crick" (like stick) in dem parts.<br /><br />Are you flying into Green Bay? Probably so since I don't think too many flights go from Maryland to Door County. :eek: <br /><br />Be prepared for LOTS of tourists. Door County has people traveling to those small towns, Fish Creek, Egg Harbor, Baileys Harbor, Sister Bay, etc. to simply walk through the stores. <br /><br /><br />Fish Creek is especially busy. You will recognize when you are travelling into town because they have a HUGE hill that you go down to get into town. If you want some good eats, go to The White Gull Inn. They have an awesome breakfast. You will usually wait a bit, but boy is it worth it. <br /><br />They also have a great marina in that town. If you have any questions let me know.<br /><br />Oh yeah, be careful traveling north on Highway 57 in Southern Door. The cops are like vultures! But, don't fret too much. If you are renting a car in GB, it will have Wisconsin license plates. They like to target the FIBS (Illinois peoples). :eek: <br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Sean<br /><br /><br />EDIT: Here's info on Chambers Island: Chambers Island

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I go to Fish Creek every year, my brother-in -law lives there and has a sail boat ride there called Water Wings. I love it there. Been to the White Gull Innn several times, very good food. We used to fly up but we are bringing the dogs with us this time so we will drive up. Father-in-law has 60 acres on Chambers Island by the light house, part of his property is on North Bay. All I can say is you were lucky to get to go there as a young person, I was older when I started going. I would not mind retiring to there. Thanks for the info.<br />Bob