I need HELP with photobucket

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
Does anyone know the steps on how to post a picture from photobucket to the forum.. I need step by step instructions, because i have no hair left to pull out of my head..<br />I have pictures posted in photobucket, but I don't think I am doing something right. The pictures are not coming up only the URL in the message..<br />Please help<br /><br /><br />THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP,,,I GOT IT DOWN NOW..

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I need HELP with photobucket

Click image in the iboats full reply form.I delete the http on the window that opens. Open new window for photobucket. Copy the first choice of codes for your pic. Go back to reply on iboats and paste tha address in the window that came up when you clicked "image"

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

garage.jpg
<br /><br />Just followed my own directions to make sure it worked. This was one of my jobs.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Well there it is now wheres the picture????<br />Where do I copy the codes? on paper? where are the codes located.? Are they in the browser or under the picture.. If you look at the above , I posted the address and still no picture... Do you have any other suggestions.. I'm going to do it one moretime..<br /><br />
brookfarm

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

1. select full reply form at iboats<br />2. click image<br />3. hit delete to remove the http// in the dialog box<br />4. open a NEW browser window<br />5. go to photobucket<br />6. where the three choices under your picture are, highlight the first (top) entire address by holding down the left mouse button and sweep it over<br />7. right click the mouse button<br />8. select "copy"<br />9. go back to the browser window which has the reply form and the "enter address..." window<br />10.right click the mouse and select "paste", then select ok<br />11.select "preview post" and see if it worked<br />12 if ok select "add reply"<br /><br />I hope this works for you. I'm a carpenter, not much of an internet support guy. :) <br /><br />John :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Barb, are you able to view the photos you moved th photobucket? <br /><br />If yes, you should be able to ..copy...paste.. the link from photo bucket that is in your address bar of your browser while viewing the photo into the iboats dialog box that opens when you click on the image button that is in the full reply form button in the iboats reply window.<br /><br />You will need two browser sessions open to do what I described. One photobucket, the other iboats.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Barb,<br /><br />Your post above shows you are almost there, you are just not posting the picture, you are posting the directory. Right Click on the picture, take properties, copy the address and post it between the
codes.

dolluper

Captain

If you copy the image 3rd opition under your picture at photobucket 'then here hit full reply form, hit imagne for the post and paste you will have to delete one
>[img] [img] the picture photobucket.com [img] [img]

FLATHEAD

Captain

It is easy this way here. <br /><br />1 Go to photo bucket.<br />2 find the pic you want<br />3 Under the photo will be three box's, highlight and copy the bottom one that has IMG along side the box. Come back here and paste it in your reply and that should do it. No need to type any IMG or any radio buttons or any of that.<br /><br />
clearing010.jpg
<br /><br />See that easy as pie.

Trent

Captain

Hey Flathead.. How did you get a pic of my dog? :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

for anyone interested, your isp may provide 10 meg or so server space for your file storage. simple to wsftp, etc files to that server space, then simply link your files as photos. contact your isp to see if available.<br /><br />my photos posted here will always be here unless zapped by JB, I remove 'em, or my isp server dies.<br /><br />exemple, right click properties to view what a typical link to your isp server space will look like...
f6a1.jpg

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

beats relying on photobucket, or other hosting sites.