I need help, water pump/trim

bugeyestp

Cadet
I need to replace or inspect water pump, :( but the trim tab bolt is stripped:eek:.. what do i do now?????????????
94 ya 150
thx

bugeyestp

Cadet
Re: I need help, water pump/trim

ok I sacrificed the trim tab, not a big deal. got the lower unit off there is not any obstructions in cooling system and the pump looks good :confused:
I am thinking that i should replace the pump anyway because there mey be a seal that is sucking air,
Am I correct in that assumption?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

replace the entire pump kit, carefully inspect the housing for any signs of melting, any melt scraps the housing.
remove the pressure control valve and grommet, carefully clean the grommet pocket. install a new grommet without dropping it down the cavity :).
replace the thermostats.
but can I ask why your inspecting the pump ?

bugeyestp

Cadet

Yes you can ask why.
It stopped peeing and overheated using muffs.
I put it in a large pail of water and still no pee.. I then checked for obtruction in little hose, no obstruction i then pulled the lower unit, before taking apart pump using a hose shot water up the water intake tube an it looked like clean water was coming through everywhere it should
then with some closer inspection i did find that the housing does have some melting:( Atleast i know for a fact that i need to replace it, and from now on I am staying away from the muffs and thakyou for the info in your last post. this weekend I will be sure to do that so as to make sure there is not a problem there that may have caused it to begin with...
3 weeks ago it ran on muffs just fine for bout 15 min.
thankyou RodBolt, for your knowlege and willingness share with Jamokes like myself:D I have read alot of your post and they have been very helpful..:)